News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound CallerID from OBi110...

Started by Testerz, May 28, 2011, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Testerz

Hello Everyone,

I've searched the forums and can't find a resolution to my issue, so I am hoping that some of you fine people can please help me.  

Outbound caller id is showing as "Restricted Caller" no matter what I do.  I have an OBi110 setup with a Panasonic KT-TG9333TK telephone on the Phone port, a connection to my POTS FIOS service through Frontier Communications (formerly Verizon), and my Google Voice account as SP1. My outbound caller id is set by the provider to block my caller id by default. In the past, and when my phone is wired directly to the POTS, I could prefix the outbound number with *82 and this would allow my outbound caller id to display properly on the receiving end of the phone call. However, with the OBi110, whenever I make an outbound call from the land line through the OBi110, either when it's configured to use my land line as the primary interface, or when I dial **8 to force use of the land line, all outbound calls are shown from "Restricted Number," even when dialing *82 as the prefix. I've tried  "**8 *82 1xxxxxxxxxx", "*82 **8 1xxxxxxxxxx", "**8 *68 1xxxxxxxxxx", "*68 **8 1xxxxxxxxxx" to no avail. I've tried configuring OBiTALK Service AnonymousCallEnable both checked and unchecked to no avail. Note that when I use Google Voice, either as the default interface or by prefixing the call with "**1 1xxxxxxxxxx", outbound caller id always works and displays my Google Voice number to the receiving end. Also note that all other functions are working as expected, e.g. making calls and receiving calls, and my software flash version in the OBi110 is the latest.

I would like to know what I'm doing wrong and how to get my POTS outbound caller id to show properly when I dial *82.

Thanks in advance!  ::)

Testerz

RonR

Star Codes (for example, *82) are normally interpreted by the OBi and not passed to the provider.

You can get a direct connection to the LINE Port by first dialing #.  Then you can dial anything you normally would on your POTS line.

I haven't tested the following, but it might allow passing Star Codes to the LINE Port when the LINE Port is the PrimaryLine or you're using a **8 prefix (**8 *82 12341234567).

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :

(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.|*xx|*xxxxxxxxxS4|*xx1xxxxxxxxxx|*xxxx.)

Testerz

Hi RonR,

Thanks for the quick and accurate response. Both of your suggestions worked perfectly. I can now send outbound callerID using *82, either by first hitting # pound to access POTS directly, or by hitting **8 after using your custom digimap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.|*xx|*xxxxxxxxxS4|*xx1xxxxxxxxxx|*xxxx.) 

I realized that the custom digimap you recommended looked like it would pass all star codes to the POTS, and that may not be desirable since there seems to be so many interesting star codes for the OBi. So, I modified your digimap slightly in order to specify passing only *82 as follows:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.|*82|*82xxxxxxxS4|*821xxxxxxxxxx|*82xx.)

I don't know anything about digimap syntax, but my customized version seems to work. It does pass *82 to POTS, yet it allows the OBi to intercept *75 for the OBi's Speed Dial Read-Back. If you see any further tweaks or corrections for the digimap, please feel free to share your thoughts.

You're the best!  ;D

Testerz

RonR

Testerz,

I originally made it for *82 only like you now have it, but erred on the more liberal side not knowing exactly what you wanted.  You can always add more Star Codes to the LINE Port DigitMap down the road if you need to.

Have fun!

Testerz

Will do, thanks again and have a great Memorial Day Weekend, RonR!

rob613@gmail.com

I made the change to the digitmap recommended here having just found the similar problem.
Before making the change I was able to work around the problem by making the PSTN prefix 1182 rather *82, a technique I've used on other phone systems in the past, and it worked just fine.

mike_forum

Hello,

Will an OBI 100 or OBI110 work with an Dynamic IP address.

Please let me know.

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: mike_forum on December 22, 2011, 09:58:09 AM
Will an OBI 100 or OBI110 work with an Dynamic IP address.

Yes.

The vast majority of Internet users obtain a Dynamic public IP address from their Internet Service Provider.  This normally occurs as a result of your router using DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to request an IP address from your Internet Service Provider.

The vast majority of Internet connected devices such as PC's and OBi's obtain a Dynamic private IP address from your router.  This normally occurs as a result of your PC or OBi using DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to request an IP address from your router.