News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will Obi 202 Reset sacrifice my Free Google Voice account?

Started by Tazz, October 24, 2023, 01:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazz

Please forgive my ignorance.  I'm having an issue with setting up an SP1/ Generic account.  I would like to use my Poly 202 for a Remote phone pointing back to my Grandstream UCM off site.  I have other remote phones configured with-in my local LAN and at other off-site locations and all is working well.

I feel my last alternative is to do a hard reset to my Poly 202 and I want to make certain that I will not sacrifice my Free Google Voice account.             

Is it safe to say I will not jeopardize my Free Google Voice account and I can go back into the Portal/GUI and recapture my Googe Voice account settings with-in my Poly 202?

No other posts could I locate that clearly pointed out this request.

TIA

Respectfully

TAZZ

drgeoff

Resetting your OBi does not delete your GV account at Google. But you will need to reconfigure the OBi to connect to it. That requires using the portal at obitalk.com. That portal will cease to be available sometime after 18 December 2023.

Tazz

Wow. 

Thank you for the quick reply.  I guess it's safe to say if the Portal will be shut down in December, I best exercise my opportunity soon.

Again, thank you for your insight.  Like many of us here we are saddened to see the choice Google made with their EOL Voice service.

Tazz

drgeoff

Quote from: Tazz on October 25, 2023, 08:05:13 AMWow. 

Thank you for the quick reply.  I guess it's safe to say if the Portal will be shut down in December, I best exercise my opportunity soon.

Again, thank you for your insight.  Like many of us here we are saddened to see the choice Google made with their EOL Voice service.

Tazz
Nothing to do with Google.  Google is not EOLing Google Voice.  The EOLing of the OBi2xx devices (and others) and the portal support for them is entirely a decision by Obihai/Poly/HP.

Tazz

Aha

What devices/brands of products are people migrating too?  Does it still remain free on a personal use?

Forgive me for just crawling out of my cave.....

drgeoff

Quote from: Tazz on October 25, 2023, 11:09:55 AMAha

What devices/brands of products are people migrating too?  Does it still remain free on a personal use?

Forgive me for just crawling out of my cave.....
No other devices/brands are known that support the "free" version of GV.