News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intercom Problems

Started by GVHoward, November 13, 2023, 05:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVHoward

This is a strange situation for my Intercom.  I have had intercom working on my 1022 phones for years and over the past year I have had intermittent issues.  At times, I have to reset my router every 2-4 days to make it work again.  Othe times it will work for 6-8 months at a time.  Any ideas what I might have configured wrong?  Can someone share any of the port information or anything else I should have configured in my router?  Also, are there specific IP addresses that OBI uses for communications that I should make sure I am not blocking?

drgeoff

Quote from: GVHoward on November 13, 2023, 05:59:56 AMThis is a strange situation for my Intercom.  I have had intercom working on my 1022 phones for years and over the past year I have had intermittent issues.  At times, I have to reset my router every 2-4 days to make it work again.  Othe times it will work for 6-8 months at a time.  Any ideas what I might have configured wrong?  Can someone share any of the port information or anything else I should have configured in my router?  Also, are there specific IP addresses that OBI uses for communications that I should make sure I am not blocking?
Can you say more about how the intercom facility is configured as I'm not familiar with it?  Are the phones and the communications between them on a single local network?  It is very rare for home routers to have any means to block ports on traffic wholly within the local network - LAN and Wi-Fi.