News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no help from OBI obihai 1022 won'tt connect

Started by ladyh, December 09, 2023, 04:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyh

OBI  TECH keeps hanging up on me.  I unplugged my obi 1022 and when I plugged it back in it will not connect to obi.

There orange light is there.  Initially there was a blank screen and all this happened after obi told me to reset the unit.

I have tried everything, obi site says Connect Failed: No Response (server=216.239.36.145
SP2
Not Configured

I deleted and added and used the code but nothing is working.  I have the 202 connected elsewhere and it works, but this 1022 after obi told me to reset is not working.  I even tried restoring the backup I had and that has not worked.

Please help

drgeoff

Can you successfully reach the echo test number?

ladyh

no I type XX9 222 222 222 and it shows **9ob222222222  no sound but I have that orange light and have one what obitech said hold home and back for factory reset...but see there is **8 then 1 for factory reset which I have not done that...I have deleted and tried and it sees the phone but will not connect to obi with that error.  I don't know what else to do.   I do have a dial tone but not connected to server..successfully added and used gmail account to validate but obi won't varify.  This is after obitech told me what to do twice and then hung up on me...

drgeoff

Quote from: ladyh on December 09, 2023, 08:59:45 AMno I type XX9 222 222 222 and it shows **9ob222222222  no sound but I have that orange light and have one what obitech said hold home and back for factory reset...but see there is **8 then 1 for factory reset which I have not done that...I have deleted and tried and it sees the phone but will not connect to obi with that error.  I don't know what else to do.   I do have a dial tone but not connected to server..successfully added and used gmail account to validate but obi won't varify.  This is after obitech told me what to do twice and then hung up on me...
There is more to a factory reset than holding down two buttons.  See https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/obi-ip-phone/phn-factory-reset

The alternative is to dial ***8 and follow the audible prompt.  Note there are 3 stars in that.

Dial tone is generated within the phone.  Even with the ethernet cable unplugged you should always get dial tone.  So presence of dial tone tells you nothing about connection status.

Ensure the ethernet cable is plugged in to the jack labelled SW.

Until you can reach the echo server it is pointless to try to proceed.  I have tried that test number immediately prior to typing this sentence. It is working.  If not for you, the most likely reason is a problem with the connection between your OBi1022 and your router. Dial ***1 and report here exactly what is spoken to you.

ladyh

Yes obi tech had me to the two button reset (home key and back button) that is when things went crazy

phone has an IP address and is visible on the internet.  I the phone responds with my IP address and verified on my  advanced IP scanner that shows it sees the phone and internet IP.  Obitalk just doesn't accept the phone no matter what I do. Yes it's connected to the SW (which I thought anyway was used to power the phone without plug in)  I've tried both.  It doesn't make sense that I just unplugged the phone and now it doesn't work.  obitalk sees the phone and is added with the correct mac and serial number, It just won't configure.

I noticed when I do the config wheel, the bottom of my browser shows it is connecting to assoc-amazon.com after stalling on obitalk.com

drgeoff

1.  Even after a factory reset, before doing any configuration, dialling **9 222 222 222 should reach the echo test.

2.  Factory reset the 1022 and observe the time and date shown on the screen. Initially they will probably be completely incorrect but within a few minutes they should automatically change to correct date and minutes though the hours may be wrong.  Does that happen?

ladyh

No. It would show an IP address, now it doesn't.  There is an icon upper right, that I think is internet and all ethernet is connected to router and shows port active. I just don't know why unplugging and plugging in would cause this issue.  I have factory reset but no internet connection.  google voice in browser shows everything is right.

I just successfully set it up with obiwifi, and hit shows connected and set up on browser with echo that finally worked and see wifi icon but it doesn't ring.      I'm so sick of this

Quote from: drgeoff on December 09, 2023, 12:53:42 PM1.  Even after a factory reset, before doing any configuration, dialling **9 222 222 222 should reach the echo test. **9 222 222 222 changes to ob2 222 222 222 and call failed. I checked at one time for software update, no it said none available.  I don't know what is stopping the connection.  codes were correct in setting up, email addy correct...

2.  Factory reset the 1022 and observe the time and date shown on the screen. Initially they will probably be completely incorrect but within a few minutes they should automatically change to correct date and minutes though the hours may be wrong.  Does that happen?

ladyh

I just read this:::::::::::::   Is OBiTALK going away?
Connecting OBiTALK equipment through the internet allows you to use Google Voice with a home phone. Obihai's parent company Polycom's end of life announcement for OBiTALK already meant that it stopped selling the Obi200, Obi202 and OBI212, but engineering and service support will end December 18, 2023.

I'm so tired no phone middle of nowhere after all these years.  Did a factory reset on 202 and re added, same thing. OBI has blocked this number and device.  No help anywhere  Merry Christmas.!

ladyh

On the web IP address...can't do wifi it stated 5G  I don' t have 5G  could this be all issues HP converted to 5G where most don't have it??  HP...see below obi no longer supports???  Went to HP site via email no obi devices listed either.
tried to send message to obi but they transitioned to HP???? Is that why there are problems?
what I received after emailing obisupport..:
Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this message finds you well.  We're delighted to inform you that your means of accessing the Poly Support Portal has transitioned to HP's globally respected Customer Portal as of August 1st, 2023.

As a valued customer, we believe that providing you with convenient and efficient support is crucial. We understand the importance of continuity and familiarity when it comes to accessing the support tools and resources that assist you in getting the most out of our services. Therefore, we have ensured that the familiar tools you have relied on in the past will be available on our new support portal. HP's support portal will serve as a central hub where you can easily access a wide range of resources, including FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and the ability to submit and track your support requests.

To ensure that you have access to this valuable tool, please ensure that you register your account and start enjoying the benefits of the support portal right away.

Once registered, you will have 24/7 access to a wealth of information and assistance at your fingertips.

When engaging support, please ensure you continue to leverage your contract's best-practices including referencing your pin#, Site ID and/or serial number, and clearly state the product and/or service you are opening your support request for.  For example; if requesting assistance with onboarding as a new provider to our ZTP service, ensure your description clearly states this to ensure a smoother experience such as: "Requesting onboarding to ZTP for company xyz..".

We are confident that HPs support portal will further enhance your experience with our services, empowering you to resolve any issues quickly and conveniently. We look forward to continuing to serve you and provide exceptional customer support.

Accessing the HP Customer Portal:

https://mycrm.support.hp.com

HP Customer Support - New User Registration

https://mycrm.support.hp.com/signup/

For user guides and vĂ­deos as well as assistance with MyHP Support, please refer to

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05445013

Thank you for your continued trust and partnership.

Best regards,

drgeoff

There are two Obihai branded Wi-Fi USB dongles.  Both can do 2.4GHz but only the one that has 5G marked on it can do 5GHz.

ladyh

follow up:   HP (took over poly/obi) said 200 and 202 will be a paid subscription.. my 1022 should work...they have never followed up on my "ticket".  Bad support.  I think they did a BAD firmware update, as my phone just kept rebooting over and over on it's own and now does not work connecting to obitalk site.

ladyh

UPDATE: I knew it wasn't US... what I receivecd from HP support:

Case Subject:     Having trouble with OBI 1022

I hope you doing good, My apologies for the delay in response as we will work on this as soon as possible and get your OBItalk activated as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Vishal James
HP Customer Support