News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to get Inbound calls from Google Voice on OBI200

Started by PatrickDickey52761, December 29, 2023, 12:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickDickey52761

Hi, everyone,

Let me start off with I'm aware that the OBI200 is no longer "supported" with Google Voice. I had one that I set up about a year ago with an account but it stopped working. So, I'm trying to set it up again. I was able to set up my Google Voice account and get the number (and device) registered on OBITalk. I am able to make an outbound call from my connected phone. But, when I try an inbound call, it rings and goes to the GV voicemail (doesn't ring on the phone).

At one point, I had attempted to set this up as a SIP trunk to a FreePBX system (which is the point where it stopped working). So, I'm 99% sure that part of the issue is leftover configurations from that.

Some pertinent facts: I'm running 3.2.2.8680 (per the ***0 1# test) and I'm able to pass the Echo Test and hear my voice (**9 222 222 222).

What I would like is screenshots of a working configuration for GV to the OBI200, so I can fix whatever shouldn't be there. SP1, ITSP Profile A, Voice Gateways and Trunks, and SP4 are the areas that I know I had to tweak for the FreePBX to work. **** Remove any usernames and passwords or otherwise sensitive information, please ****  And if someone has this working with FreePBX or RasPBX, I would love to see your configuration as well.

As an alternative, post the information from the specific fields, along with the field name.

Again, I'm sure this is an exercise in futility but I'm still going to try.

Thank you and Happy New Year.
Patrick.

PatrickDickey52761

I'm adding the configurations that I currently have as pictures. I'm interested in the differences between them and a working single-line setup.

Thank you.
Patrick.

drgeoff

Not clear where you are with this. Your screenshot for ITSP Profile D shows the Signalling protocol as SIP, not Google Voice.

Are you 100% certain that the outgoing calls from your OBi are using your GV account?

PatrickDickey52761

Quote from: drgeoff on December 30, 2023, 02:46:18 AMNot clear where you are with this. Your screenshot for ITSP Profile D shows the Signalling protocol as SIP, not Google Voice.

Are you 100% certain that the outgoing calls from your OBi are using your GV account?

Yes, I am. I call my cell phone and it shows up as the Google Voice account, as well as the calls appear on the GV website. What I would like to do is get everything back to the default where ITSP D uses GV instead of my PBX. Once I have everything working, then I'll try to get it working with my PBX again.

I should add that the GV is the only number that I have connected for outbound calls (even on the PBX).

Question. If I check "Default" on everything, would that fix the issue? Or will it retain the SIP information as it doesn't have anything else to work from? I can't download the settings from OBITalk because they are messed up from previous attempts at this and "Expert Configuration" doesn't work anymore. If there are any other screens that you would need to see, let me know and I will post them.

Have a great weekend and happy new year.
Patrick.

drgeoff

Quote from: PatrickDickey52761 on December 30, 2023, 07:12:46 AMWhat I would like to do is get everything back to the default where ITSP D uses GV instead of my PBX.
IMHO you cannot.  GV on an Obi ITSP slot requires a "special token" to be stored on the Obi.  That was what the portal did.  It was a sort of "go between" GV and the OBi.  It got the token from GV and sent it to the OBi to be stored in the appropriate place for the ITSP slot in question.

The exact working of all that is not public knowledge.  There was/is no other way of doing it other than the portal.

Taoman

Quote from: PatrickDickey52761 on December 30, 2023, 07:12:46 AMWhat I would like to do is get everything back to the default where ITSP D uses GV instead of my PBX.

Not going to happen.

I just tried adding a 200 to the dashboard again and it worked fine configuring GV successfully on SP1.

So if you wanted to try starting from scratch you could remove your OBi from the dashboard and re-add it. It will configure GV on SP1. Everything else would have to be configured manually.

PatrickDickey52761

Quote from: Taoman on December 30, 2023, 10:30:19 AM

Not going to happen.

I just tried adding a 200 to the dashboard again and it worked fine configuring GV successfully on SP1.

So if you wanted to try starting from scratch you could remove your OBi from the dashboard and re-add it. It will configure GV on SP1. Everything else would have to be configured manually.

So, yes. Doing a factory reset and adding the device (with GV support) worked. I could call my cell phone from my cordless phone, and vice versa. So now I have a couple of other questions.

In the absence of "Expert Configuration" on the Portal, I'm assuming any configurations that I need to do to tie this into my PBX will have to be done on the OBI200 web pages themselves. Will those upload to the portal or will it overwrite anything I put in there? Do I go into System Management --> Auto Provisioning -> and disable both the ITSP provisioning and OBITalk provisioning to prevent this or just the OBITalk provisioning?

If this all works, I'll be happy. If not, then I'm prepared to get a VoIP number from another provider and just toss the OBI200 into the garbage (or just use it for a third phone number).

Thank you all for your help. Happy New Year.
Patrick.

Taoman

Quote from: PatrickDickey52761 on December 30, 2023, 11:37:15 AMDo I go into System Management --> Auto Provisioning -> and disable both the ITSP provisioning and OBITalk provisioning to prevent this or just the OBITalk provisioning?
I'm paranoid so I disable the following:

System Management->Auto Provisioning->Auto Firmware Update->Method: Disabled

System Management->Auto Provisioning->LUA Script Update->Method:Disabled

System Management->Auto Provisioning->ITSP Provisioning->Method:Disabled

System Management->Auto Provisioning->OBiTalk Provisioning->Method: Disabled

You can leave the
Voice Services->OBiTALK Service->OBiTALK Service Settings->Enabled

so you can view the connection status of your trunks on the dashboard and/or connect with another OBi device if you wish.