News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail Notification, Stutter Dial Tone

Started by marty01, January 07, 2024, 05:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty01

Got a OBi300 box, and simple landline phone all hooked up. Everything is working great.

Phone number and service is from https://www.anveo.com/enter.asp

Not getting Stutter Dial Tone for Voicemail Notification.

This is funky. Here is what I have done.

Google Voice Voicemail Notification feature behaving unreliably
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1468.0

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 11:56:39 AMAnd if you log into your OBi directly using the IP address returned by dialing ***1, the following are checked?:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable

and Default is unchecked on?:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

and

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 12:00:18 PMAlso, verify that these are checked:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> MWIEnable 

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> VMWIEnable

Just left a test message. Wondering if I just need to wait longer to hear the stutter dial tone? Been playing with this all day. Going to sleep now. If don't hear the stutter dial tone tomorrow? It's not working.

marty01

OK waited about 20 minutes and still no stutter dial tone.

Unplug OBi300 power cord. Wait a few seconds. Plug it back in. Let it boot up. Both power and phone LEDs are solid green. NOW I hear the stutter dial tone.

Stutter dial tone goes away after I dial *99 and erase voicemail message.

This behavior is not how it should be.

How to make stutter dial tone work like it's supposed to?

drgeoff

1. You only get the stutter dial tone when there is a message waiting.

2. If you are using what RonR wrote and are making changes by logging in to your OBi's IP address then you are falling foul of the #1 gotcha for newbies.  Either configure everything only that way or configure everything only using your dashboard.  Do not use both.  If you want to do the former you MUST disable Obitalk Provisioning.  That setting is only on the local interface.

3.  The red exclamation marks are harmless.  They mean that the setting has been changed from the default value.  They do not mean there is an error.

marty01

Stutter Dial Tone is not working as it should. Left a test voicemail message at 8:04 AM. Its been 20 minutes and I hear solid dial tone. No stutter.

Did not make any changes by logging in to my OBi's IP address. Only used OBiTALK web portal.

Here is what I have tried:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> MWIEnable
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> VMWIEnable

Checked all these.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

Tried checking and unchecking this one. Not working as it should in both positions.

Also cleared both boxes at the right hand end of each line.

When I check the box at [Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting] I heard stutter dial tone. It went away after I erased voice mail by dialing *99. Stutter dial tone not happening even though there is a message waiting.

Hope I have explained this clearly.

To clarify issue as I understand it. Stutter dial tone is not being triggered by a waiting voice mail.

marty01

Update after waiting 1 hour. Got stutter dial tone alerting me of a new voice mail. Dialed *99 and erased it. Still getting stutter dial tone. As a test will wait a few hours and see if stutter dial tone goes away.

Be back in a few hours. I need to go outside.

marty01

After about 30 minutes. Stutter dial tone did go away. So it seems like it takes 30 to 60 minutes for dial tone to revert to correct state.

Is this long wait normal?

Is Anveo - phone service provider, slow as in communicating with the OBi300 devise?

Or are my OBi300 settings not quite right?

Something else?

drgeoff

Quote from: marty01 on January 08, 2024, 06:42:09 AMAfter about 30 minutes. Stutter dial tone did go away. So it seems like it takes 30 to 60 minutes for dial tone to revert to correct state.

Is this long wait normal?

Is Anveo - phone service provider, slow as in communicating with the OBi300 devise?

Or are my OBi300 settings not quite right?

Something else?
Sorry, I cannot answer any of that.  I have no incoming calls on a service that provides message waiting indication.

marty01

Going to reset all the OBi300 default settings. Change one thing at a time and test the *99 voicemail access and stutter dial tone after every change.

See two buttons:

Reset OBi Expert Config
and
Revert to OBiTALK

Which button would change all settings to how they were before I messed around with the OBi Expert Configuration Menu?