News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 shows offline...help

Started by pointbob, January 08, 2024, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

Can anyone help

my obi 200 shows offline and my box has a flashing red light and a solid green light. Any idea whats going on?

Taoman

Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 11:48:14 AMmy obi 200 shows offline and my box has a flashing red light and a solid green light. Any idea whats going on?

I assume you have restarted your OBi device? Is it receiving an ip address?
Check the OBi status page on your OBi directly. What does it say for SP1 and SP2?

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting

pointbob

Quote from: Taoman on January 08, 2024, 12:10:51 PM
Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 11:48:14 AMmy obi 200 shows offline and my box has a flashing red light and a solid green light. Any idea whats going on?

I assume you have restarted your OBi device? Is it receiving an ip address?
Check the OBi status page on your OBi directly. What does it say for SP1 and SP2?

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting

thank you

yes I restarted and since then I've been getting a red flashing light above the power icon...and a green solid in network plug....and no lights from the phone line out icon...I uploaded a capture of mydashboard and SP1 says Google voice 360 offline and for sp2 Google voice 707 902 3404

i've unplugged and reset a cpl of times with the same result.... I assume it's getting the ip address...but not sure what to look for to confirm that....i added the snapshot of my dashboard above...

Taoman

You need to login to your OBi device directly using the OBi's IP address. Username/password is admin.

Dial ***1 on your OBi connected handset. It should announce what your IP address is.

Edit: It's not a good idea to post your actual GV phone number on a public web site.

pointbob

Quote from: Taoman on January 08, 2024, 12:26:30 PMOBi's IP address
Quote from: Taoman on January 08, 2024, 12:26:30 PMYou need to login to your OBi device directly using the OBi's IP address. Username/password is admin.

Dial ***1 on your OBi connected handset. It should announce what your IP address is.

Edit: It's not a good idea to post your actual GV phone number on a public web site.

thank you but i do not have a dedicated handset...its just an obi 200 box....what is the obi ip address?

Taoman

Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 01:02:14 PMthank you but i do not have a dedicated handset...its just an obi 200 box....what is the obi ip address?

So you're telling me you have nothing plugged into the phone port of your OBi 200? Then what's the point of having an OBi device?

pointbob

Quote from: Taoman on January 08, 2024, 01:12:59 PM
Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 01:02:14 PMthank you but i do not have a dedicated handset...its just an obi 200 box....what is the obi ip address?

So you're telling me you have nothing plugged into the phone port of your OBi 200? Then what's the point of having an OBi device?

No no...I misunderstood...i thought i was supposed to have a dedicated physical phone attached tot he obi200...my setup is just the small box. I have a red flashing light where power comes in...I have a solid green on the network connect and on the line out where my phone is attached there is  no light...so when i pick up the phone and type in ***1 there is nothing...dead air.

so i cannot access my obi ip sadly

ps...i tried a factory reset with the pin method in the back and still no changes...

Taoman

Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 01:31:36 PMon the line out where my phone is attached there is  no light...so when i pick up the phone and type in ***1 there is nothing...dead air.

Definitely not a good sign. Are you able to swap out your existing phone and try a different one?

drgeoff

Looks like corrupted firmware or a hardware failure.

It is sometimes possible to reload the firmware if the OBi is connecting to the LAN and getting an IP address.  In this case the only way of detecting if the OBi is getting an IP address is to look in the DHCP server's status pages.  The DHCP server is typically part of a residential modem-router.

pointbob

Quote from: Taoman on January 08, 2024, 03:09:49 PM
Quote from: pointbob on January 08, 2024, 01:31:36 PMon the line out where my phone is attached there is  no light...so when i pick up the phone and type in ***1 there is nothing...dead air.

Definitely not a good sign. Are you able to swap out your existing phone and try a different one?

I tried a 2nd phone and no luck...however i looking my server and found an ip address for "obi202"

When i opened the address i got this page asking about firmware update... should I do that? and i doublechecked the back of my obi - it does say model200
what should I do?

pointbob

Quote from: drgeoff on January 08, 2024, 03:35:19 PMYour dashboard shows "OBi200" yet your post immediately above mentions "OBi202".

its what my router named it....no idea why...but its obi200 absolutely

and the flashing isn't red only...its  blinking red and green

pointbob

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND MY NOOBNESS.

Indeed it was a firmware issue and the update resolved the problem/offline status. There must have been an automatic update and failed somehow. But now I'm back!

:D

Munchai

Hello, my Obi202 is now offline. I use Google Voice integrated with Obi202 to make VoIP calls. We are getting flashing red/green lights. It was advised that we upgrade the firmware. However, we are getting an error, "Firmware Upgrade Failed". Does anyone know how can get the Obi202 back online?

Thanks.