News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I lost my GV number, can I connect via obitalk network?

Started by bill-cary, April 14, 2024, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

I had a number for a vacation home. It wasn't used for 90 days and I lost it. Since I can't configure another number now, is there a way to connect the 2 Obis via the obitalk network so I can make calls thru my obi at home???

drgeoff

In what follows replace HHH by the 9 digit OBi number of the OBi device that has a working GV number and replace VVV by the 9 digit number of the OBi which does not.

1. Log in to the HHH OBi using its IP address on the LAN there.

2.  Disable Obitalk Provisioning and Submit.

3.  In 'Voice Services', 'OBITALK Service' change InboundCallRoute to

{VVV:SP1}

If GV is not configured on SP1 change that part after the colon appropriately.

Submit and Reboot.

4.  At the VVV OBi log in using its IP address on the LAN there.

5.  Disable Obitalk Provisioning and Submit.

6.  At 'Voice Services', 'Gateways and Trunk Groups', 'Voice Gateway 8', 'Access Number' enter

pp(obHHH)

Submit

7.  At 'Physical Interfaces', 'PHONE Port', edit the OutboundCallRoute.  In the part

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}

change :sp1 to :vg8

Do NOT change Msp1

Submit

8.  Reboot

The following is optional and has no affect or dependency on the above.  It will make calls to the GV number ring the phones on both the HHH and VVV OBis.

9.  Log in to the HHH OBi.

10.  At 'Voice Services', 'SP1 Service' edit X_InboundCallRoute.  Change to

{ph},{obVVV}

Submit and Reboot.

bill-cary

drgeoff - thank you. I have config my vacation home as I am here now. When I get home, I will do that one. I won't be able to verify until I come back here.

I am going to try to use the same process to implement a 2nd handset on an OBi100 at home. I had it working and I am not sure why it stopped, but I didn't use the voice gateway.

drgeoff

With the configuration I gave above the VVV OBi is unable to make a call to the HHH OBi and ring the HHH phone.

To overcome that deficiency modify step 3 to

{>(xxxxxxxxxxx.):SP1},{ph}

or for increased security use the following version with the 9 digit VVV number.  Only that VVV OBi will be able to call or call through the HHH OBi.

{(VVV)>(xxxxxxxxxx.):SP1},{VVV)>:ph}

There are 11 'x's before the period.  The trailing'x.' means 0 or more 'x's.  Calls to go through to GV will have at least 10 digits and match the first rule.  Calls intended to ring the HHH phone (dialled in the standard way as **9HHH) fail that test and fall through to the rule after the comma.