News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

D230 passes echo test, but halts on **5 number "has been sent to the server" msg

Started by AJAJ, March 08, 2024, 06:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJAJ

Hello,

I purchased the Poly D230 per the suggestion of the sidebar on this website.

<------ Look here.

I installed the device and dialed **9 222222222 and I was successfully able to reach the echo test. I could also hear the echo back. I am planning to connect this device with Google Voice. So, I set up an account on Obi talk and then dialed the **5 number that was populated... This is when I run into the issue. "The number you have dialed **5 XXXX has been sent to the server"... this is repeated 3 times and then the call ends automatically. I have been trying these **5 numbers that populate each time........ for 4 days now. No Joy. Same message each time.

I looked at the device webpage and the only option for signaling protocol is SIP, on my other devices I seem to recall google voice being an option. Is this the issue?

I checked the firmware, and it is the most current.

Was it a mistake or wishful thinking to purchase this device? Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: AJAJ on March 08, 2024, 06:45:43 AMHello,

<------ Look here.

I installed the device and dialed **9 222222222 and I was successfully able to reach the echo test. I could also hear the echo back. I am planning to connect this device with Google Voice. So, I set up an account on Obi talk and then dialed the **5 number that was populated... This is when I run into the issue. "The number you have dialed **5 XXXX has been sent to the server"... this is repeated 3 times and then the call ends automatically. I have been trying these **5 numbers that populate each time........ for 4 days now. No Joy. Same message each time.

I looked at the device webpage and the only option for signaling protocol is SIP, on my other devices I seem to recall google voice being an option. Is this the issue?

Was it a mistake or wishful thinking to purchase this device? Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.
Which version of GV?  The "free" consumer version or the "workspace" subscription version?  And have you any reliable evidence that the phone should work with it?

AJAJ

Quote from: drgeoff on March 08, 2024, 07:09:20 AM
Quote from: AJAJ on March 08, 2024, 06:45:43 AMHello,

<------ Look here.

Which version of GV?  The "free" consumer version or the "workspace" subscription version?  And have you any reliable evidence that the phone should work with it?

I am using the "free" consumer version. As I stated above, I am here to see if it was wishful thinking that this phone would work with Google Voice. So, needless to say, I have no evidence this phone will work with Google Voice, but rather I am here seeking the advice of the community to see if it is compatible.

drgeoff

1.  No it does not support consumer GV.

2.  It does not use the Obitalk portal for configuration.  See https://docs.poly.com/bundle/m-vvx-d230-ag-current/page/c4613363.html for configuration methods.

AJAJ

Well, for them to list it on the sidebar, on the Obi talk portal is extremely odd and well, frankly misleading. That aside. Here is what the link you posted reads:

ITSP x SignalingProtocol   
Signaling protocols for this ITSP. Choose from:
SIP
Google Voice

This is under "Setting up the System" and then "Complete Initial System Setup with the Setup Wizard"...

Do you know why it lists Google Voice if it doesn't work with Google Voice?

On my set up wizard, as I pointed out above, I only get the SIP option not the Google Voice option that the manual suggests.

drgeoff

Now that I have seen the references to "POTS" at the bottom of Table 4 I doubt the accuracy of that document.  Also, even when consumer GV was supported on OBi ATAs such as the OBi2xx series, since several years ago it was impossible to configure other than using the portal dashboard.

I do not have a D230 and anything I know comes from reading the same things that are available to anyone on-line.  I think you need to progress your questions through HP support channels.