News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Error 404 when I try to call one of my other devices with its Obi number.

Started by Bird222, May 12, 2024, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird222

I can't call my devices using their Obi numbers.  The echo test number works fine but I get a 404 error when I try to call them.  Thoughts?

drgeoff

Quote from: Bird222 on May 12, 2024, 11:42:21 AMI can't call my devices using their Obi numbers.  The echo test number works fine but I get a 404 error when I try to call them.  Thoughts?
I can successfully call an OBi200 that is currently online.  When I call an OBi that is currently in its box on a shelf a lady informs me that the number was rejected by the service provider, reason 404.

IIRC, Obitalk uses port 10,000.  Anything blocking traffic on that port to those unreachable OBis?

Bird222

Quote from: drgeoff on May 12, 2024, 12:14:28 PM
Quote from: Bird222 on May 12, 2024, 11:42:21 AMI can't call my devices using their Obi numbers.  The echo test number works fine but I get a 404 error when I try to call them.  Thoughts?
I can successfully call an OBi200 that is currently online.  When I call an OBi that is currently in its box on a shelf a lady informs me that the number was rejected by the service provider, reason 404.

IIRC, Obitalk uses port 10,000.  Anything blocking traffic on that port to those unreachable OBis?

I put the receiving phone in the DMZ, no dice.  I forwarded port 10000 (tcp and udp) to the phone, still no ringing.  Both phone can call **9 222 222 222 and the portal shows that they are both online.

azrobert

404 is a not found error, so I don't think port forwarding will help.
Are you sure you're using the correct 9 digit OBi number of the target device?
Is that device powered on and connected to the internet?

4xx Client Failure Responses
404 Not Found: The remote terminal was not found or does not exist.

Bird222

Quote from: azrobert on May 12, 2024, 06:32:42 PM404 is a not found error, so I don't think port forwarding will help.
Are you sure you're using the correct 9 digit OBi number of the target device?
Is that device powered on and connected to the internet?

4xx Client Failure Responses
404 Not Found: The remote terminal was not found or does not exist.

Yes, using the right number.  It is the damn DNS servers again.  I don't get what is happening with the DNS servers.  Before I couldn't connect to the 'echo test' with certain DNS servers and now it's the issue with calling the phones.  Once I put both devices on the same DNS servers, I connected.  Well I connected to the AA.  How do I get the phone to actually ring?

azrobert

Make the following config change:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Bird222

Quote from: azrobert on May 13, 2024, 09:13:18 AMMake the following config change:

Here's what I have currently.  What's wrong?  Is it because GV is on SP1?

{(Softphone number|Obi phone 2)>(xx.):SP1},{(Softphone number|Obi phone 2):aa},{ph}

azrobert

{(Softphone number|Obi phone 2)>(xx.):SP1},{(Softphone number|Obi phone 2):aa},{ph}

(Softphone number|Obi phone 2)
If the inbound call is from the softphone or OBi Phone 2
AND
(xx.)
A numeric number is received
:SP1
That number is used as an outbound call on SP1

(Softphone number|Obi phone 2)
If the inbound call is from the softphone or OBi Phone 2
:aa
The call is routed to the Auto Attendant

If the inbound call isn't from the softphone and OBi Phone 2
:ph
The call is routed to the phone port

If you just want all calls routed to the phone port, do what I suggested.

drgeoff

Quote from: Bird222 on May 13, 2024, 09:21:24 AM
Quote from: azrobert on May 13, 2024, 09:13:18 AMMake the following config change:

Nothing to do with GV or SP1.

The second rule says that an incoming call from the softphone number or OBiphone2's OBi number goes to the aa.  The {ph} doesn't get a look-in.

As an aside do you actually have a softphone that connects to the Obitalk network?

NOBi

Unfortunately, others including myself have had the exact same problem...
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11976
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11985

Didn't see your post about the DNS server misconfiguration causing your issue and glad you found a fix.
Unfortunately, I set my devices to the same DNS servers and that didn't fix the issue, still getting a 404.

Bird222

Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2024, 10:10:09 AM

The second rule says that an incoming call from the softphone number or OBiphone2's OBi number goes to the aa.  The {ph} doesn't get a look-in.

As an aside do you actually have a softphone that connects to the Obitalk network?

No I don't have a softphone.  That is the number that the portal gave me when I added my devices.

drgeoff

Quote from: Bird222 on May 13, 2024, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2024, 10:10:09 AM

No I don't have a softphone.  That is the number that the portal gave me when I added my devices.
The softphone number is effectively useless.  The smartphone apps and PC software necessary are no longer available.  Just remove the number from all your configs.

Bird222

Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2024, 03:37:32 PMThe softphone number is effectively useless.  The smartphone apps and PC software necessary are no longer available.  Just remove the number from all your configs.

Ok. Thanks!