News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to make outgoing calls but incoming calls received fine.

Started by Amit, December 13, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amit

I am not an expert on OBI110 but had setup the defaults & was using the GV for last couple of months untill today. From today, outgoing calls get a cryptic ring tone & get "unable to connect" message. Was able to call from Google voice to any phone but not through OBI setup. Incoming calls are received just fine through OBI110. Please assist.

RonR

Quote from: Amit on December 13, 2011, 07:00:39 PM
From today, outgoing calls get a cryptic ring tone & get "unable to connect" message.

Is that the exact message you hear ("unable to connect") and is it a male or female voice?  The voice messages from the OBi are male.  The voice messages from Google Voice are female.  I've never heard "unable to connect" spoken from an OBi.

Stewart

Try unplugging AC power to modem, separate router (if any) and OBi.  Then, power on modem, wait for it to come ready, then router, then OBi.  Retest.  If you still have trouble, please report exact text of the message you hear and what is shown in Call History for the attempted outbound call.

Amit

Its a female voice..message: "We could not complete your call, Pls try again!!". Have tried to call from google voice, its working. Also, i have some firmware upgrade done through my OBI dashboard. Pls advice

Call history-
Terminal ID     PHONE1  GoogleVoice1
Peer Name   
Peer Number    6             6
Direction       Outbound  Outbound
22:34:39      New Call 
22:34:40                     Call Connected
22:34:44                     End Call

RonR

Quote from: Amit on December 13, 2011, 07:33:24 PM
Peer Number    6             6

Apparently you're dialing '6' and '6' is being sent to Google Voice.  Since '6' is not a valid US/Canada telephone number, Google Voice is rejecting it.

RonR

Have you tried a different telephone?

If you dial numbers starting with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5, etc., is only the first digit showing up in the Call History?

Amit