News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming PSTN not ringing!?!

Started by mrjoe, December 14, 2011, 02:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Plugged in to my Line Port is a FREETALKĀ® Connect ME skype adapter, Plugged into that is a Voip Line from my POTS Provider.
Starting from when Skype activated Caller ID for incoming PSTN calls my phone has not been ringing for incoming calls.
The Call History and Status shows that the phone rings for 2 Seconds then Ends the call then a few seconds later it happens again before ringing out.  My phone doesnt ring however?  I tried ringing the Skype username and that rung fine!
I have managed to barge in to the call on occasion which allows me to speak to he Caller.

Please could someone help me

DaveTap

I'd try to isolate the problem... if you disconnect Obi does POTS line ring through skype adapter?
If you remove the skype adapter does POTS ring through the Obi?
Do your VOIP lines (GoogleVoice) ring through Obi?
Also test all of above for voice BOTH ways.
Without more information my guess is the skype adapter is intercepting the rings and may be attempting to put call through to the old skype voicemail.

mrjoe

Dave, Thanks for daring to try to Help me.

The problem lies solely with the Skype Adapter.

When sorting out Caller ID they must have changed all the Settings, it will not accept incoming calls through the Line Port from.my Israeli Line, more annoying is that I can't call out using my Dial Map & Skype?

I ordered one from the UK, does anyone know if this will be more compatible with an Israel Line?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: mrjoe on December 15, 2011, 12:34:36 PM
When sorting out Caller ID they must have changed all the Settings, it will not accept incoming calls through the Line Port from.my Israeli Line, more annoying is that I can't call out using my Dial Map & Skype?

Who is 'they'?

Quote from: mrjoe on December 15, 2011, 12:34:36 PM
I ordered one from the UK, does anyone know if this will be more compatible with an Israel Line?

I believe all OBi's default to North American settings.

Users outside of North America typically have to customize settings at:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port

for the telco standards in their country.

mrjoe

RonR, Thanks for getting involved.

When I say they, I mean FREETALKĀ®, the Company keeps pushing Firmware Updates to their Connect me Device.

My Obi110 has not been succesfull since the last update to dial out using this device.

I think they must have changed tone settings and all of the other Country specifics.

I've had to plug my Israeli Line directly in to my Obi and use my Skype Adapter separately by dialing the full Dial Out Code together with the Country Code.

I'm just wondering if the UK Settings are in any way similar to the Israeli ones.

Thanks