News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question on the Auto attentdant and routing incoming calls to either sp1 or PTSN

Started by larrybob, December 16, 2011, 09:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I have set up the obi, and all is working perfectly in Brazil (Using the PTSN line as the Primary line). The auto attendant, allows callers in Brazil (who are in the circle of friends ) to call in on the PTSN line, and by making selection 2, call the United States on SP1.(Google Voice). People in the US can reach the obi by calling in on the Google Voice number.

My Question is, how can callers from the U. S. who call the Google voice number on SP1 be routed to the PTSN line in Brazil, to bridge the call to a local number in Brazil?

RonR

Incoming calls on any trunk can be sent to the Auto Attendant via InboundCallRoute rules:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {(11111111|22222222|33333333):aa},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(44444444|55555555|66666666):aa},{ph}

where 11111111, 22222222, 33333333, 44444444, 55555555, and 66666666 are incoming CallerID's as displayed in the OBi's Call History.

Incoming calls from the selected callers will be sent to Auto Attendant wile all others will ring the PHONE Port.

RonR

The basic operation of the Auto Attendant cannot be changed.  The only options available are:

Press 1 to continue this call
Press 2 to make a new call
Press 3 to enter a callback number

There can be only one set of User Prompts (Default or user supplied).

The Auto Attendant has its own PrimaryLine that is separate from the PHONE Port PrimaryLine.  With the Auto Attendant's PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service, callers can still choose which trunk to use when making new calls by prefixing the number with:

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Service
**8  ->  LINE Port
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service

Possibly the best alternative is to enhance the OBi dialplan to recognize both US and Brazil number formats and route the call automatically:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(1xx|[34]00xxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|90xx.|0xx.|<**1>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.))

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

This should cause calls dialed from either the PHONE Port or the Auto Attendant to be automatically routed to the LINE Port if they are a Brazil format number or SP1 if they are a US format number.

larrybob

I had the primary line of AA set to SP1.. I think the easiest thing to do is to change the primary line to PTSN.

This way the option (pressing 3) in aa will route the call return through the PTSN line which is what I want.
The caller would now dial **1 to dial out from Sp1 (google voice)while in AA, ( the same that is done from the phone port so there is consistency)
I just added the dial U.S.dial tone to the AA Digit map, to give the caller a verbal call he is in google voice.
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

(I do not believe there is a way to force the call return with pressing 3 in AA to use a different trunk than the primary line of AA??) This is when you follow the prompt and enter your call back number followed by #?

For the call return, I would also like to do an auto callback service. Where aa calls back the incoming number if the caller hangs up before AA answers.

the admin guide recommended adding :
To the line port  INBOUND CALL ROUTE
{(<**1>(x.12121559801|4089913313)):aa($1)} for auto call back if 12121559801or 4089913313 calls and hangs up

For the auto call back to call outfrom  the PTSN LINE and just the number 21255731161
I would use :
{(<**8>(x.2125573116)):aa($1)}
Is this correct?

Is the <**8> needed if the PTSN line is the primary line for AA?

The original rule was:
{(x.2125573116):aa},{ph}
I changed it to this :
{(<**8>(x.2125573116)):aa($1)}{(x.2125573116):aa},{ph}

is this the same?
{(x.2125573116):aa($1)},{ph}

Finally, I noticed that to make this change, I had to uncheck OBI talk. I noticed that the circle of callers no longer updates the line port  INBOUND CALL ROUTE . It seems that as of now you can either Use the circle of freinds feature or have autocall back, but not both? If I wanted to use the circle of friends to do this , would this be a feature request i woulds make?
Larry

RonR

It's not clear to me what you're trying to accomplish with Auto Attendant callbacks.  Your last post doesn't seem to mesh with your previous goals.

I hope you realize that pressing 3 to enter a callback number ultimately causes the Auto Attendant to hang up, make an outgoing call to the requested number, and then prompt for 1, 2, or 3 again.

larrybob

let me summarize:

I want calls going into the AA to be able to bridge the call to either the PTSN line or to SP1.
I also want option 3 in AA to Hang up and call back the indicated number.

As i understand it, it is not possible to have option three in aa call back on one trunk and have option 2 in aa use a different trunk.
I would want this so, option three call back would use the local PTSN line to call back say... a local cell phone in Brasil, and at the  same time  have callers in the cirlce of freinds in Brazil enter the AA and just press 2 to get to SP1, and bridge their call out . ( This I believe can not be done)

Since this is not possible an alternative would be to change the primary line of AA to the PTSN line so option three would hang up and call back through the PTSN line , This would necessitate callers entering **1 instead of simply selecting option 2 to force a bridge to Sp1.

( Callers calling into the AA from SP1 wishing to call locally in Brazil, would have the ability of selecting option 2 now because this would bridge to the Ptsn line.)??

Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 17, 2011, 02:40:34 PM
I want calls going into the AA to be able to bridge the call to either the PTSN line or to SP1.

As explained in Reply #2, calls would be bridged through the Auto Attendant's PrimaryLine by default, but can be overridden by **1, **2, **8, or **9 to select an alternate trunk instead.

I also want option 3 in AA to Hang up and call back the indicated number.

As long as you understand that the original caller will be disconnected and the person who receives the callback at the indicated number will hear:

Welcome to OBi Attendant

Press 1 to continue this call
Press 2 to make a new call
Press 3 to enter a callback number

As i understand it, it is not possible to have option three in aa call back on one trunk and have option 2 in aa use a different trunk.
I would want this so, option three call back would use the local PTSN line to call back say... a local cell phone in Brasil, and at the  same time  have callers in the cirlce of freinds in Brazil enter the AA and just press 2 to get to SP1, and bridge their call out . ( This I believe can not be done)

Since this is not possible an alternative would be to change the primary line of AA to the PTSN line so option three would hang up and call back through the PTSN line , This would necessitate callers entering **1 instead of simply selecting option 2 to force a bridge to Sp1.

( Callers calling into the AA from SP1 wishing to call locally in Brazil, would have the ability of selecting option 2 now because this would bridge to the Ptsn line.)??

Both option 2 and option 3 use the Auto Attendant's PrimaryLine to call out on by default, but an alternate trunk can be specified by prefixing the number with **1, **2, **8, or **9.

I still think the most elegant solution is the one I proposed in Reply #2.  Make the OBi recognize both Brazil and US format numbers and automatically route calls appropriately:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(1xx|[34]00xxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|90xx.|0xx.|<**1>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.))

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Regardless of where the call is originating from (the OBi PHONE Port, an incoming call on the LINE Port to the Auto Attendant, or an incoming call on the SP1 Service to the Auto Attendant), the call will go out the desired trunk:

1xx  ->  LINE Port
   [34]00xxxx  ->  LINE Port
[2-9]xxxxxxx  ->  LINE Port
           90xx.  ->  LINE Port
             0xx.  ->  LINE Port

1xxxxxxxxxx  ->  SP1 Service
[2-9]xxxxxxxxx  ->  SP1 Service
             011xx.  ->  SP1 Service

Nobody has to think about anything.  Just dial the desired number and it automatically goes out the proper trunk.