News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiBT - can I find out which phones are actively paired at a point in time

Started by mish, September 10, 2012, 08:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mish

Using the OBI@02 interface, can I tell which of the two phones in my household are actively paired? I am trying to understand how OBI202 and ObiBT behave with two phones paired.

And ideally, would like to use OBI202 interface to figure out which phones are paired.

Any logs for ObiBT? Or status flags?

hwittenb

Quote from: mish on September 10, 2012, 08:32:12 AM
Using the OBI@02 interface, can I tell which of the two phones in my household are actively paired? I am trying to understand how OBI202 and ObiBT behave with two phones paired.

And ideally, would like to use OBI202 interface to figure out which phones are paired.
The OBi Web page for the OBi202 under
Status-->System Status--> OBiBlueTooth Service Status
Shows the current pairing between the OBi202 and the mobile phone (shows the phone name)

In addition, looking at my two phones, each one has a unique little symbol that shows when Bluetooth is turned on and a slightly different symbol when it is actively paired.

On the OBi202 there is also a pairing table of the mobile phones that you have setup for pairing.  The pairing table is found under
Voice Services -->OBiBlueTooth

QuoteAny logs for ObiBT? Or status flags?
The OBi202 has a Syslog that you can activate and capture with a syslog program running on a server (your pc).  It will contain fairly cryptic information about Bluetooth occurences in addition to other OBi system activities.

mish

Thanks for the reply.

I eventually got a little frustrated by the ObiBT device.

Main problem was how the device would unexpectedly take over the calls even though I had dialed using my mobile phone. I thought about solving for that but then decided that the setup was getting too complicated.

So Obi202 is doing fine. I am giving up on the BT dongle.