News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't hear incoming calls 80% of the time...help!

Started by sm69th, June 19, 2012, 07:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm69th

Hi all,

I have a obi110 setup with GV and when it works, it is great. However, every time someone calls me, I don't see the caller ID, and then when I pickup and say hello...they hear me fine, but I almost never hear a word they say. It takes them calling 2 or 3 times before a connection can be made where I can hear a word they are saying.

I have also been told by the people I talk to that my voice sounds "robotic" when I use my phone attached to my obi.  

I am using a RT-N16 ASUS Router with Tomato Version 1.28 (shibby mod) with QoS running. I suspect my QoS settings are not quite right, but I haven't been able to find a good source of "the right way" to setup QoS on this router for VOIP.

Any suggestions on how to get this to reliably work would be great. I would love to actually upgrade to a obi202 (for business & personal) personal, but I want to get this to work first :-)

Screenshot of obi classification:

Screenshot of QoS settings:

QBZappy

These instructions worked for me to get voip working properly. I still have problems when bitorrents are running at the same time.:

How to: Manage Traffic Using Tomato and QoS

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3800416/How-to-Manage-Traffic-Using-Tomato-and-QoS.htm
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.