News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dial

Started by dennist, June 18, 2012, 05:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennist

I updated the telephone number of 3# on the speed dials and clicked on the SAVE. However, after two hours, when I pressed 3#, it dialed to the old telephone number.

For test purpose, I added a new 7# speed dial for my cell phone. When I press 7#, I heard the Google Voice lady said: "We could not complete your call, please try it again."

All the old speed dials worked with no problem. Only updated and newly added speed dial had problem.

pc44

Hi dennist,

Are you making these speed dial modifications via the Obitalk Portal or via the Direct IP Web Portal?

If making them via the Direct IP Web Portal, don't forget that sometimes certain settings are overwritten by the Obitalk Portal -- unless you specifically configure your OBI to prevent this.  So... if you are configuring via the web portal, perhaps the settings are being overwritten by the Obitalk portal.

Can you let us know?
pc44

dennist

Quote from: pc44 on June 18, 2012, 07:44:46 PM
Hi dennist,

Are you making these speed dial modifications via the Obitalk Portal or via the Direct IP Web Portal?

If making them via the Direct IP Web Portal, don't forget that sometimes certain settings are overwritten by the Obitalk Portal -- unless you specifically configure your OBI to prevent this.  So... if you are configuring via the web portal, perhaps the settings are being overwritten by the Obitalk portal.

Can you let us know?
pc44
Yes, I found something interesting.

The updates I made in OBitalk Portal did not sync with those values in web portal (http://ip_address_of_obi/SPEEDDIAL_.xml)         

I believe my question now is how to sync the speed dials between OBitalk portal and OBi device.

MurrayB

If you made a change you probably needed to reboot for the change to take effect.

dennist

Quote from: MurrayB on June 18, 2012, 08:04:12 PM
If you made a change you probably needed to reboot for the change to take effect.
You mean I need to reboot the OBi device evertime I make changes on the OBitalk portal?

Why I did not need to reboot the OBi device the first time I set up speed dials in OBitalk portal?

MurrayB

A reboot is usually required for any changes to to be effected. Try it see what happens it won't hurt anything.

dennist

Quote from: MurrayB on June 19, 2012, 06:59:17 AM
A reboot is usually required for any changes to to be effected. Try it see what happens it won't hurt anything.
The speed dial updates I made today on OBitalk portal synced to Web Portal perfectly.

I believe the problem I had yesterday was a temporary system hiccups.

Thanks for your help.