News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Getting an India PSTN line to work with OBI110

Started by aawc, December 20, 2011, 03:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aawc

Hello Obi lovers,

I am a comparatively new user (~ 1 month), and already an evangelist for Obi - I have convinced 3 others to buy Obi devices! It is the most freaking cool gadget I have seen.

Anyway, here's my setup: I have an Obi100 in the US configured with GV account (let's call it U1), and an Obi110 in India configured with a different GV account (let's call it U2), with an incoming India PSTN line (let's call it N1).
U1 is added as a trusted caller for U2.

Here's what works flawlessly:
1. I can make outgoing calls to all US numbers from both the Obi devices: U1 and U2.
2. I am able to make bridged calls to local numbers in India from U1. U2 acts as the bridge. This works because U2 trusts U1.
3. All incoming calls to the number N1 work as they used to.
4. All outgoing calls from N1 work as they used to. I had to change the DigitMap for this to work.

But here's what doesn't work, though I know it should:
My friend's number N2 is added as a trusted number for U2. So, in theory, U2 should allow N2 to make bridged calls, except that it doesn't. N2 doesn't get the auto-attendant menu at all.

I suspect this is happening because of line ring detection, but I am not sure at all.
I tried changing those settings to the HK settings (as listed on: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=396.0), but that doesn't work either.

Can you tell me what to do or where to look for help on this?

Thanks,
Varun

RonR

Quote from: aawc on December 20, 2011, 03:34:54 PM
I suspect this is happening because of line ring detection, but I am not sure at all.

Try increasing:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay

If you're wanting certain callers into an OBi routed to the Auto Attendant, it's a simple matter of putting their CallerID's in InboundCallRoute rules:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12341234111|12341234222|12341234333):aa},{ph}

This routes incoming calls on the SPx (SP1 or SP2) Service from 12341234111, 12341234222, or 12341234333 to the Auto Attendant and all others to the PHONE Port.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {(12341234111|12341234222|12341234333):aa},{ph}

This routes incoming calls on the LINE Port from 12341234111, 12341234222, or 12341234333 to the Auto Attendant and all others to the PHONE Port.

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {(200111111|200222222|200333333):aa},{ph}

This routes incoming calls on the OBiTALK Service from 200111111, 200222222, or 200333333 to the Auto Attendant and all others to the PHONE Port.

If you're looking for a very general configuration that allows calling from the PHONE Port of an OBi out any trunk of the local OBi or any trunk of several remote OBi's, this may be helpful: Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

aawc

Thanks RonR. As I stated in my original post, I had already made most of those changes (except Single Stage dialing) and one way bridging was already working.

Turns out, the only thing that I needed to do to get Obi attendant to recognize incoming calls on the PSTN lines was to set CallerIDDetectMethod from "FSK" to "DTMF(Finalnd,Sweden)".

SK02

Varun,

I am very new to Obi110 and have some questions which is similar to your setup.

My setup is as follows:

I have an Obi100 in the US configured with GV account (let's call it U1), and an Obi110 in India configured with a different GV account (let's call it U2), with an incoming India PSTN line (let's call it N1).

I can make outgoing calls to all US numbers from both the Obi devices i.e., U1 and U2.

I need to make bridged calls to local numbers in India from U1 via U2 as bridge.

Can you guide me how I can achieve this? I am able to launch auto attendant on U2 and press option 2 and then dial India local number like 22345678#. My connection to U2 gets disconnected.

Would appreciate if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Eskay

Quote from: aawc on December 20, 2011, 03:34:54 PM
Hello Obi lovers,

I am a comparatively new user (~ 1 month), and already an evangelist for Obi - I have convinced 3 others to buy Obi devices! It is the most freaking cool gadget I have seen.

Anyway, here's my setup: I have an Obi100 in the US configured with GV account (let's call it U1), and an Obi110 in India configured with a different GV account (let's call it U2), with an incoming India PSTN line (let's call it N1).

Here's what works flawlessly:
1. I can make outgoing calls to all US numbers from both the Obi devices: U1 and U2.
2. I am able to make bridged calls to local numbers in India from U1. U2 acts as the bridge. This works because U2 trusts U1.
3. All incoming calls to the number N1 work as they used to.
4. All outgoing calls from N1 work as they used to. I had to change the DigitMap for this to work.

But here's what doesn't work, though I know it should:
My friend's number N2 is added as a trusted number for U2. So, in theory, U2 should allow N2 to make bridged calls, except that it doesn't. N2 doesn't get the auto-attendant menu at all.

I tried changing those settings to the HK settings (as listed on: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=396.0), but that doesn't work either.

Can you tell me what to do or where to look for help on this?

Thanks,
Varun

RonR

Quote from: SK02 on April 01, 2012, 01:39:10 PM
I am able to launch auto attendant on U2 and press option 2 and then dial India local number like 22345678#. My connection to U2 gets disconnected.

Is the PrimaryLine on U2 (the OBi in India) set to PSTN Line?

If not, are you dialing the local number as **822345678#?

SK02

Quote from: RonR on April 01, 2012, 02:05:35 PM
Quote from: SK02 on April 01, 2012, 01:39:10 PM
I am able to launch auto attendant on U2 and press option 2 and then dial India local number like 22345678#. My connection to U2 gets disconnected.

Is the PrimaryLine on U2 (the OBi in India) set to PSTN Line?

I have done this by going to OBI Expert Configuration --> Setup Wizard --> Outbound Settings --> Phone PrimaryLine --> Set to PSTN. Similarly I have set Attendant PrimaryLine to PSTN.

Is this the only place we need to do this?

If not, are you dialing the local number as **822345678#?

Let me tell you how I am dialing from USA.

**9+India OBI number --> AA Responds --> Select option 2 --> 22345678#

It tries to do something and gets disconnected. I hear back my phone's ring tone.

QBZappy

SK02,

If it is a frequently called number, you can try setting up the number in a speed dial. When you call into the far end OBi. This will semi-automate the call for you.

1) Press "2" to make a new call
2) Press speed dial number you previously setup
3) Press "#" to complete the call

Note: Preface the speed dial telephone number with the service you want to dial out with. This should avoid any config problems with any default Phone PrimaryLine setup

**122345678 (calls using SP1)
**222345678 (calls using SP2)
**822345678 (calls using POTS)

BTW are your 8 digits correct in order to make a local call from that OBi location?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

SK02

Thanks Guys!! It worked for me. I was not prefixing **8 before I dial my local number using PSTN.

RonR

If you want the PSTN Line to be your PrimaryLine, there is one for the PHONE Port and another for the Auto Attendant.

You don't need to dial **n for whatever trunk is configured as your PrimaryLine.

aawc

Removing the [RESOLVED] flag from this conversation because this problem has started happening again.

I have an Obi110 installed in India and my friends use its AutoAttendant facility. When I setup up the device initially, it could not detect the caller id of the calls on the "Line" port but was able to detect the caller id of calls coming in over the internet.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the solution to that problem was to change:
Physical Interfaces > LINE > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod from its default value to "DTMF(Finland,Sweden)".

However, the exact same problem has started happening again and none of the 4 possible values for CallerIDDetectMethod makes it work. As earlier, calls over the internet continue to get detected correctly.

So here's my question:

• Has something related to called id detection changed lately?
  • Has anyone else from India faced this issue?