News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will Obi110 ever allow more SP?

Started by Hortoristic, December 21, 2011, 09:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Using SP1 for GV, SP2 with voip.ms for international calls.

Will device ever support more SP's?  Reason is - I've been toying with making all my iPhone calls through OBIon app to avoid using minutes - but whenever I call someone through OBIon - it displays my home GV number, not the one associated with my iPhone - so folks add my contact information incorrectly to their devices when I call.

RonR

You could add a VoIP provider that allows a user specified CallerID (set to your iPhone number) to the OBi as a Voice Gateway and route your iPhone OBiON App calls through it.  The VoIP provider must support making outgoing calls without registration (i.e. using SIP URI's), but many (most?) do.  CallCentric is one such provider.

Using Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk, the iPhone's PrimaryLine could be the Voice Gateway with the capability of using any trunk on the OBi via normal **n prefixes.

hwittenb

Hortoristic,

At the voip.ms account level, with voip.ms you can specify your iPhone number as caller id for outgoing calls.  Make your outgoing U.S. calls thru voip.ms instead of GV when you care obout the caller id.

GV will use your GV number as caller id for outgoing calls.  That's the way it works.

Hortoristic

I suppose that would work - but paying .01 a minute for USA calls sort of is a drag.  What I find interesting is how voip.ms is cheaper to call UK landline than USA - but I actually don't know where the company is -maybe they already are in UK so all their infrastructure is there.

Stewart

Quote from: Hortoristic on December 21, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
I suppose that would work - but paying .01 a minute for USA calls sort of is a drag.
Possibly, Voxbeam (Standard route) would be suitable ($0.0049/min; 6 second billing).  I haven't played with that enough to judge quality, caller ID issues, etc., but you get $1 test credit at signup -- that's more than 200 minutes of testing!