News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Three numbers on obitalk

Started by Feroz, December 20, 2011, 03:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feroz

I have got this set uo
Softphone1
sp1 - Google voice Numbr
sp2 - sip number for 911 calls
I want to add another google voice number and like to forward that number to my ObiOn softphone2 on mobile.
Is there a way i can setup that( may be using voice gateways..)?
(Note: i can forward my sp2 calls to my obiON softphone2 on my mobile, but i need a 3rd GV number which receive calls through Obi network and forward to my mobile softphone2)

RonR

Google Voice can only be used on SP1 and SP2.  If you have a SIP provider, then SP1 and/or SP2 must be configured for SIP, precluding having two Google Voice accounts on the OBi.

Feroz

Thanks for the prompt response.Got that.
Here's what i am trying to achieve - Do you have any solution ?
I have two GV numbers and one sip number(911 capable) and one obi110 device.
Can i set up with this device in such a way that i have one landline number( with 911 capability)  & one mobile number.

RonR

Quote from: Feroz on December 20, 2011, 03:42:55 PM
Can i set up with this device in such a way that i have one landline number( with 911 capability)  & one mobile number.

I don't understand what you're asking for (landline number/mobile number).

Feroz

I want one gv number to be set in  obi Device which will ring my landline phone device only.
Another gv number to be set in obi device which will ring my obiOn software on mobile phone only.
And one more number to be set in obi device using which i can make 911 calls.( i have sipgate number for that).
Can this be done?

RonR

No.  If you have a SIP provider (Sipgate) configured on the OBi, you are limited to one Google Voice account.

What you can do is have your second Google Voice number call your Sipgate number and have all incoming calls on your Sipgate number forwarded to your OBiON App (or ring both the OBi PHONE Port and your OBiON App).

Stewart

Quote from: Feroz on December 21, 2011, 04:04:12 PM
I want one gv number to be set in  obi Device which will ring my landline phone device only.
Another gv number to be set in obi device which will ring my obiOn software on mobile phone only.
And one more number to be set in obi device using which i can make 911 calls.( i have sipgate number for that).
Though I haven't tried it, it seems that you could have the second GV forward to e.g. an IPKall DID that is routed directly to the OBi.  The OBi could recognize the (arbitrary) called number and bridge the call via OBiTALK.

Alternatively, you should be able to get calls to the second GV number to ring a SIP app on your mobile, instead of OBiON.  Such a solution would not involve your OBi at all.  Some are free, e.g. GV->IPKall->PBXes->SIP app.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on December 21, 2011, 07:25:19 PM
Though I haven't tried it, it seems that you could have the second GV forward to e.g. an IPKall DID that is routed directly to the OBi.  The OBi could recognize the (arbitrary) called number and bridge the call via OBiTALK.

Why would you get an IPKall (or any other) DID involved when he already has a Sipgate DID registered on the OBi to forward the second Google Voice account to where it can then be forwarded to the OBiON App?

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on December 21, 2011, 08:29:17 PMWhy would you get an IPKall (or any other) DID involved when he already has a Sipgate DID registered on the OBi to forward the second Google Voice account to where it can then be forwarded to the OBiON App?
I was assuming that the OP wanted calls to his Sipgate DID (if he has one) to ring his home phone.  If that's not necessary, then using the Sipgate DID for forwarding would be more reliable and likely have lower latency.

Feroz

Ron, Cool, that's a good idea - Forwarding 2nd GV number to sipgate and forwarding sipgate to obiOn app through OBi device.
I am able to forward sipgate number to obiOn app, which rings my obiONapp. But on picking up the obiON app phone its not connecting(It keeps ringing ) - Any clue what's going wrong there?

What i did to forward sipgate is - obi expert configuration-> sp2 service(sip)->callforwardunconditional(checked)[ call forwarding number..PP1(obXXXXXXXX)]
Any other setting i'm missing here?

Stewart, i want to route my call through obi device for a simple reason - Voice quality is perfect. But thanks for your suggestion.

RonR

Feroz,

That should work.

If you don't enable CallForwardUnconditional (unchecked), does the OBi PHONE Port ring and can you answer the call successfully there?

RevKev

If your mobile is an iPhone or Android, why not install the Google Voice app on the phone and be done with it? No OBiON app, no routing through SIP and/or OBi device. If you can't get the GV app for your mobile, a SIP app would work by forwarding you GV number to SIP and having that SIP account on your mobile. Again, bypassing the OBi device/app. I don't think routing your calls through OBi is going to improve the quality. The more direct the better.