News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forcing option 3 on AA to use Line port

Started by larrybob, December 22, 2011, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

The original default digitmap and outbound call route for aa is as follows:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8{t=cw8}(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I added the tones  to the digitmap so if a caller dials **1, **2, **8, or **9 they will hear different dial tones reminding them which sevice they are using.
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=cw10}(Msp2)|**8{t=cw8}(Mli)|**9{t=cw9}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I would like to force the AA to call back on the line port regardless of what is set for the aa primary line.
Would the changes in bold accomplish this??
1)<00:**8$1> this says if a caller dials 00 it will be transformed into the callers number prepended by **8
and the AA will call back using the line port.
2) <**8>(Mli) this says that any number the caller dials that matches the line port digitmap will be prended by **8 and the AA will call it using the line port.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:**8$1>|<**8>(Mli)|0|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=cw10}(Msp2)|**8{t=cw8}(Mli)|**9{t=cw9}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

If these rules work, will a caller dialing **1 , **2, **8, and **9 , while in the AA, still operate correctly, or does the second rule need to be inserted in a different location?

Thanks Larry

P.S.
Why would I want to do this?

This will be used in Brasil. 99% of the calls using the auto attendant to bridge a call will be using SP1 to call the states. The people using this will be elderly, and it will be much easier for them to push "2" than **1 to bridge the call to sp1 (google voice in this case). Setting the primary aa line to Sp1 will accomplish this.

A person using a cell phone (who might like a call back..incoming cellphone calls are free in Brazil), would use the AA option 3 feature. This is why the additional rules would be needed.

On rare occasions,  a person from the U.S. would need to bridge a call to the line port. he would use **8 when he was in the AA.

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 22, 2011, 08:14:01 PM
I added the tones  to the digitmap so if a caller dials **1, **2, **8, or **9 they will hear different dial tones reminding them which sevice they are using.
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=cw10}(Msp2)|**8{t=cw8}(Mli)|**9{t=cw9}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

It's a waste of time to add tones to the Auto Attendant DigitMap.  The Auto Attendant DigitMap is not processed in real-time the way the PHONE Port DigitMap is, consequently the tone directives will have no effect.

Quote from: larrybob on December 22, 2011, 08:14:01 PM
I would like to force the AA to call back on the line port regardless of what is set for the aa primary line.
Would the changes in bold accomplish this??
1)<00:**8$1> this says if a caller dials 00 it will be transformed into the callers number prepended by **8
and the AA will call back using the line port.
2) <**8>(Mli) this says that any number the caller dials that matches the line port digitmap will be prended by **8 and the AA will call it using the line port.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:**8$1>|<**8>(Mli)|0|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=cw10}(Msp2)|**8{t=cw8}(Mli)|**9{t=cw9}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

If these rules work, will a caller dialing **1 , **2, **8, and **9 , while in the AA, still operate correctly, or does the second rule need to be inserted in a different location?

I'm still convinced you're making the use of the Auto Attendant grossly over-complicated.  I'm going to make one last proposal and then let you run with whatever feels right to you.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|1[0-689]x|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|1[0-689]x):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(<**1>(Mtc1)):aa($1)},{ph}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(1xx|[34]00xxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|90xx.|0xx.|<**1>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.))

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {(<**8>(Mtc2)):aa($1)},{ph}

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit Map2
Label : tc1
DigitMap : (12341234567|12347654321)

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit Map3
Label : tc2
DigitMap : (12345678|87654321)

Calls from trusted callers on the SP1 Service (listed in tc1) will go to the Auto Attendant after 10 seconds.  If the caller hangs up before the Auto Attendant answers, the Auto Attendant will call them back using the SP1 Service.

Calls from trusted callers on the LINE Port (listed in tc2) will go to the Auto Attendant after 10 seconds.  If the caller hangs up before the Auto Attendant answers, the Auto Attendant will call them back using the LINE Port.

All Auto Attendant users should press 1 to reach the OBi PHONE Port, or press 2 to make a new call.  Callers may press 3 to enter a callback number, but the preferred method to get a callback is to simply hang up before the Auto Attendant answers.

Regardless of where a new call is originated from (the OBi PHONE Port, an incoming call on the LINE Port to the Auto Attendant, an incoming call on the SP1 Service to the Auto Attendant, or a callback number entered to the Auto Attendant), outgoing calls will go out the proper trunk without requiring any **n prefixes, based on the number dialed:

1xx  ->  LINE Port
   [34]00xxxx  ->  LINE Port
[2-9]xxxxxxx  ->  LINE Port
           90xx.  ->  LINE Port
             0xx.  ->  LINE Port

1xxxxxxxxxx  ->  SP1 Service
[2-9]xxxxxxxxx  ->  SP1 Service
             011xx.  ->  SP1 Service

I don't think you can make it much simpler for users.

larrybob

Ron,
Without the tones in the auto attendant, my idea falls apart, and yours is a much better solution.. I'll go with yours.

Thanks!  Larry

RonR

Larry,

Auto Attendant users calling in on the SP1 Service can potentially dial emergency (1xx) and long distance  (0xx.) numbers in Brazil, so you might want to consider barring these numbers from the Auto Attendant:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMaP:

(!(1xx|0xx.)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))