News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Routing

Started by azrobert, February 24, 2011, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

I'm conditionally rerouting inbound calls on the line port.
Here is what I added to the line inbound call route:
{4801234567:sp2(6)}
Everything works perfectly on the OBi110.  The call comes in on the line port and is rerouted out SP2. The phone connected to the OBi110 does not ring.
The problem is any phone directly connected to the PSTN line continues to ring until the call is answered.  I know the PSTN phone has to ring once before the OBi110 receives the CID, but is there a way to stop the PSTN phones from ringing after the call is rerouted?
Thanks

OBi-Guru

During the time the SP2 is ringing the target number, the incoming call to the LinePort has not been answered yet. 

Thus this is the correct behavior.  Really don't want to charge the caller until the call is answered by the callee.

jimates

that's good to know. I also probably would have expected the old behavior of calls forwarded by the phone company. It would ring once at the home and then nothing as the call was forwarded to and rang the other nunber.

but I assume the forwarding was done at the switch or whatever and never actually answered then either.

RonR

Quote from: azrobert on February 24, 2011, 01:44:51 PMThe phone connected to the OBi110 does not ring.  The problem is any phone directly connected to the PSTN line continues to ring until the call is answered.
Wouldn't your problem be solved if you connected all your phones to the OBi Phone Port instead of just one?  Then they'd all have access to the wonderful features offered by the OBi.