News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to ring the phone connected to OBi ?

Started by GTI_obi, December 31, 2011, 08:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTI_obi

I am using OBi + GV. My cell phobe is linked to GV number and there is a desk phone connected to OBi phone. I f there is a call to my GV number, it doesn't ring the OBi phone but only rings my cell phone. Is there a way I can do it? Another question, is there way I can call the OBi phone through my cell phone? Thanks!

Stewart

Quote from: GTI_obi on December 31, 2011, 08:30:15 AM
I am using OBi + GV. My cell phobe is linked to GV number and there is a desk phone connected to OBi phone. I f there is a call to my GV number, it doesn't ring the OBi phone but only rings my cell phone. Is there a way I can do it?
In your GV Settings, Phones tab, make sure that Google chat is checked.

Make sure that you have not left open Gmail or any other app associated with your GV account.

If it still doesn't work, report what (if anything) the OBi's Call History shows, after a failed attempt to call your GV number, and also report what the caller heard.

Quote from: GTI_obi on December 31, 2011, 08:30:15 AM
Another question, is there way I can call the OBi phone through my cell phone?
Assuming that you mean "from my cell phone, using the normal cellular voice path (not VoIP)", you need to edit the Settings for that phone on GV, click "Show advanced settings", and click No under Voicemail Access.

GTI_obi

Thanks, Steward. It works now.
BTW. What does "soft phone" mean in OBi Dashboard? I never used it.

RonR

Quote from: GTI_obi on December 31, 2011, 11:29:50 AM
What does "soft phone" mean in OBi Dashboard?

That's an OBiTALK number for use with OBiON Apps (for PC, iPhone, or Android).