News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot dial in AA menu

Started by royzen, February 25, 2011, 04:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royzen

Connection #1:    Ooma line to the OBi's line connector and home phone to the Phone connector on Obi  don't have SP1 or SP2--------- my home USA
Connection #2:    Ooma line to the OBi's line connector and home phone to the Phone connector on Obi  don't have SP1 or SP2--------- brother's house USA

When I call to brother's house  from my phone I  can hear Obi's AA menu but  cannot dial in any option #( 1, 2 or 3).

MichiganTelephone

With no Service Providers set up I would not expect option 2 to work, but pressing "1" should ring the phone connected to your brother's Phone port.  This may sound silly, but the first thing I'd try is connecting a different phone to your OBi - it may be that the touch tones on the phone you are trying to use now are either a bit out of tune or are being sent at the wrong volume level, and while your local OBi device is able to decode them, the one on the distant end is not.  That's just a shot in the dark, but it might be worth a try just to be sure it's not a phone issue.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

royzen

Thank you for quick response

I tried connect 2 different phones to my Obi not helped.
No problems if I calling brother's home using cell phone.

OBiSupport

Assuming the below is the diagram of what your setup:

[OBi 1] --- OOMA1 --- [PSTN Network] --- OOMA2 --- [OBi 2]
where [OBi 1] is in your "Connection #1"
and [OBi 2] is in your "Connection #2]

When you said that you "call from my phone"
Does that mean, you call from a handset connected to [OBi 1] ?
and dial out to your OOMA1 ? (from handset, pressing # or **8)
If yes, can you try to connect your handset directly to the OOMA1 and make call
to OOMA2 ?
Can you press "1" when [OBi 2]'s AA answer ?

We will also be sending you email from support@obihai.com.

-Obihai Support Team

jimates

Is this your setup?
Are you calling from your Ooma to his Ooma ((xxx)xxx-xxxx using Circle of Trust)
Or are you dialing his Obi's 9 digit number from the phone connected to your Obi (**9xxxxxxxxx#)

royzen

Yes it's exactly my setup.
And I'm calling from my Ooma to brother's Ooma ((xxx)xxx-xxxx using Circle of Trust)