News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Force Auto Attendant

Started by Jorge, December 25, 2011, 04:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge

I know if I call from a "Trusted Caller", I will go to AA so I'll be able to make a call using my landline or other service provider.

Sometimes, I won't have access to one trusted caller and I call my Obi from another phone number. Is there any way to use my PIN to for AA to start?

I'd like to call my Obi from any unregistered number, press # for example, then my PIN, and then be able to use my landline or other service provider to start a new call. Is it possible?

RonR

You either have to send selected callers (based on CallerID) or all callers to the Auto Attenant.  You can protect the Auto Attendant with a PIN, but it's asked for only if you try to make a new call or request a callback.  Callers reaching the Auto Attendant can still reach the PHONE Port by pressing 1.

Stewart

Call into a GV account, press * during the greeting, enter GV PIN, press 2 to place a call.  If calling domestically and don't care about outbound caller ID (or want to send the GV number), you're done. 

Otherwise, dial your OBi from GV, have that GV number listed as a trusted caller, and you'll get the AA.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on December 25, 2011, 06:04:28 PM
Call into a GV account, press * during the greeting, enter GV PIN, press 2 to place a call.  If calling domestically and don't care about outbound caller ID (or want to send the GV number), you're done. 

This requires that the ringing OBi PHONE Port go unanswered so that Google Voice voicemail picks up.  If someone is at home and normally answers the phone, it might take multiple calls to accomplish the task (messy?)

Otherwise, dial your OBi from GV, have that GV number listed as a trusted caller, and you'll get the AA.

This doesn't work.  Dialing your own Google Voice number from the Google Voice attendant gives a busy and doesn't ring the OBi.

Jorge

Thank you both for your answers. I'm just beginning to learn about this and you've given me some useful tips.

For the moment, I'll set all calls made to POTS-line to go to AA. ITSP and OBiTALK Inbound will use caller ID normally.

I hope Obi will consider to support this option in the future. I'd love to be able to call my Obi from any number, press '#' and be able to go to AA.

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on December 25, 2011, 06:58:46 PM

This requires that the ringing OBi PHONE Port go unanswered so that Google Voice voicemail picks up.  If someone is at home and normally answers the phone, it might take multiple calls to accomplish the task (messy?)
Sorry if I was not clear here.  Perhaps I should have said "Call into a GV account that does not directly ring your OBi, such as one created specifically for this purpose."

Quote from: RonR on December 25, 2011, 06:58:46 PM
This doesn't work.  Dialing your own Google Voice number from the Google Voice attendant gives a busy and doesn't ring the OBi.
That would only be true if you were trying to call the OBi using the same GV account that it was registered to.  This could be avoided by using two GV accounts (as above), or dialing the OBi on its PSTN or SIP DID, if it has one or both of those.

mrnaughty

Where do I find that Obi number? I tried to dial 9 digit number staring with 200 and gives me error...

Stewart

Quote from: mrnaughty on December 31, 2011, 02:19:25 PM

Where do I find that Obi number? I tried to dial 9 digit number staring with 200 and gives me error...
In my post that you quoted, the OBi was reached by calling a GV or other DID associated with it.  It appears that you are trying to do something different, so please explain your situation.

mrnaughty

I purchased and setup at home Obihai 110 with SIP1 to Google Voice but how do I call my Obi110 unit at home from other location to access Auto Attendant?
I tried number printed on the back of unit and number of "OBi Dashboard" to no avail...

Quote from: Stewart on December 31, 2011, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: mrnaughty on December 31, 2011, 02:19:25 PM

In my post that you quoted, the OBi was reached by calling a GV or other DID associated with it.  It appears that you are trying to do something different, so please explain your situation.

RonR

Quote from: mrnaughty on January 02, 2012, 12:09:45 PM
I purchased and setup at home Obihai 110 with SIP1 to Google Voice but how do I call my Obi110 unit at home from other location to access Auto Attendant?
I tried number printed on the back of unit and number of "OBi Dashboard" to no avail...

You call your Google Voice number.

If you want the Auto Attendant to answer all incming calls on the SP1 Service, set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : aa

If you want the Auto Attendant to answer only incoming calls on the SP1 Service from one or more specific CallerID's and all other callers to go to the OBi PHONE Port, set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12341111111|12342222222):aa},{ph}

where 12341111111 and 12342222222 are the CallerID's who are to go the Auto Attendant.  This list can be one number or multiple numbers separated by the | symbol.

mrnaughty

Thank you, very much!

Quote from: RonR on January 02, 2012, 12:24:06 PM
Quote from: mrnaughty on January 02, 2012, 12:09:45 PM

You call your Google Voice number.

If you want the Auto Attendant to answer all incming calls on the SP1 Service, set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : aa

If you want the Auto Attendant to answer only incoming calls on the SP1 Service from one or more specific CallerID's and all other callers to go to the OBi PHONE Port, set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12341111111|12342222222):aa},{ph}

where 12341111111 and 12342222222 are the CallerID's who are to go the Auto Attendant.  This list can be one number or multiple numbers separated by the | symbol.