News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding trusted callers on OBiTALK doesn't update the "X_InboundCallRoute"

Started by scorpio, January 05, 2012, 11:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpio

I wanted to add the trusted callers so that when they call my GV number, AA answers and then they can choose to dial a different number.

Just to test, I added my cell number to the trusted caller list and then I called my GV number from the cell, the phone attached to the OBi rang instead of the Attendant answering it.

I looked at the device configuration by going to the device IP on the browser and saw that X_InboundCallRoute was set to "ph".

When I open the expert configuration, the X_InboundCallRoute was set correctly to "{trusted phone numbers :aa}".

By going through some help documents, it seems the settings on the expert config page overrides the settings on the device, but in above case it didn't.

My question is, when I add/remove trusted callers from OBiTalk web portal do I need to do any extra step so that the device settings are synchronized the OBiTALK expert settings.

EDIT: I noticed that the speed dial number I have set up on the OBiTALK is not updated on the device as well (verified by using device IP address in the browser). If I set the "X_InboundCallRoute" or speed dial number in the device using IP then those settings work fine, so it seems the device settings are overriding the expert configuration settings.

RonR

Quote from: scorpio on January 05, 2012, 11:03:05 AM
My question is, when I add/remove trusted callers from OBiTalk web portal do I need to do any extra step so that the device settings are synchronized the OBiTALK expert settings.

A trusted caller is nothing more than a CallerID in an InboundCallRoute rule which routes the caller(s) to the Auto Attendant.  For example, to have incoming calls from certain callers on SP1 go to the Auto Attendant, simply set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12341111111|12342222222):aa},{ph}

Calls from 12341111111 or 12342222222 will be routed to the Auto Attendant.  All others will go the PHONE Port.

You may find it much simpler and more convenient to simple make these changes to the OBi directly.  You will have total control over how your OBi is configured.  If you elect to do so, set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

scorpio

Thanks for your reply Ron! Your answer pointed me to the right direction.

I want the changes to the expert config page to apply to OBi device so I can make changes remotely. What I did is:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : System Start
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Periodically

Now whenever I make changes via expert config pages, in few seconds those changes get updated to the device :)

Thanks again..