News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line Out only works once after I reboot

Started by Judgeless, January 07, 2012, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgeless

I have an OBI110 and a Panasonic KX-T61610 PBX.  The OBI110 Phone port is connected to CO3 and the Line Out is connected to EXT17.

When I connected to the OBI110 and press # I get a dial tone from the KX-T61610 and I can page other phones in the house or dial out other central office numbers on the box.  When I disconnect and try it again I get the voice error. {There is no service available to complete your call}.  If a reboot the device it works perfect again.  The second time I try it I get that message again.  It does not matter how long I wait between calls.

When I dial **8 I never get a dial tone.  Should I get a dial tone? If I dial **812 it will call extension 12.  When I try it a second time I get the voice error {There is no service available to complete your call}.

RonR

Dialing only a # on the OBi immediately bridges the PHONE Port to the LINE Port.

Receiving 'There is no service available to complete your call' when you dial only a # means the OBi thinks the LINE Port is not connected.

You must dial a complete number following **8 before the OBi will go off-hook on the LINE Port.  It will then wait 0.5 seconds and begin dialing the number your entered following **8.

Again, receiving 'There is no service available to complete your call' means the OBi thinks the LINE Port is not connected.

Judgeless

If I cycle power to the Obi and press # I get a dial tone.  After I am done I hang up the phone.  When I pick up the phone the second time and press # I get the voice message. {There is no service available to complete your call}

It works perfect after a reboot.  After that it does not work again until I reboot.

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on January 07, 2012, 01:03:17 PM
If I cycle power to the Obi and press # I get a dial tone.  After I am done I hang up the phone.  When I pick up the phone the second time and press # I get the voice message. {There is no service available to complete your call}

Connect a splitter to the OBi LINE Port and connect a telephone in addition to the EXT17 line.  After you've hung up from the successful access and the OBi is now reporting the error, does the telephone get dialtone and can you make a call from it instead of the OBi?

RonR

Also, does the OBi work correctly connected to a normal POTS line?

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 01:11:59 PM
Connect a splitter to the OBi LINE Port and connect a telephone in addition to the EXT17 line.  After you've hung up from the successful access and the OBi is now reporting the error, does the telephone get dialtone and can you make a call from it instead of the OBi?

That is a good idea.  I just tried it and do get a dial tone on the phone and I can make a call.  When I dial # with the OBi I get {There is no service available to complete your call}

Judgeless

RonR

I suspect tbe EXT17 line has lower than normal battery voltage or current.

Try to confirm this by setting:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> EnableLINEPortBargeIn : (checked)

If you can now use # repeatedly, you will problably need to make an adjustment or two at:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> Port Settings -> LineInUseVoltageThreshold

and/or

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> Port Settings -> LineInUseCurrentThreshold

and/or

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> Port Settings -> MinOperationalLoopCurrent

Some measurements with a multimeter would probably help your decision making.

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 01:24:57 PM
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> EnableLINEPortBargeIn : (checked)

That fixed the issue.

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 01:24:57 PM

If you can now use # repeatedly, you will problably need to make an adjustment or two at:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> Port Settings)

What do you suggest that I change?

Judgeless

I went down to 20V and 9mA and it seems to work now.  Thanks

RonR

Great!  Is that with EnableLINEPortBargeIn unchecked?

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 01:35:54 PM
Great!  Is that with EnableLINEPortBargeIn unchecked?

Yes

Do you know how I could use OBiON on my Android phone to do the same thing?  I would like to connect the house using the app then press # to get the PBX dial tone?

RonR

Try appending this to the beginning of:

Voice Services -> ObiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(<999:>):li},...

where 290123456 is your OBiON App OBiTALK number.

Dialing 999 from your OBiON App should be the same as dialing # from the OBi PHONE Port.

I couldn't get it to work with just # or 9 using OBiAPP for PC.  It may be an X-Lite issue.

You can replace 999 with anything you like that works.

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 01:53:14 PM
Voice Services -> ObiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(<999:>):li},...

That did not work. The other numbers on that line had a () arond them.  I tried {(290123456)>(<999:>):li}, and it worked pefect.  Thanks again. 

I just setup EXT17 to forward to my cell.  Now when someone rings my door bell it calls my cell and I can talk to them.  This is a great device.

RonR

The parenthesis aren't required and it works here without them.  What I posted is what I tested with.  They don't do any harm if you do include them.

Judgeless

Everything is working great.  Thank you so much for your help.  I never would have figured all this out with out your advice.  I have two more OBi110's on order.  When they arrive I am going to port my CO numbers and save myself a boat load of money.

Judgeless

I have a new issue.  When 'Telco Line' receives an incoming call it waits 2 second then sends it to the 'Phone' port.  How do I turn this off?  I do not have any forwarding turned on.

RonR

CallerID is sent between the first and second ring.  Consequently, the OBi has to wait for CallerID to be decoded for call routing and in order to re-encode it for display on the PHONE Port.

If you don't care about CallerID and call routting, you can set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay : 0

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 09, 2012, 04:34:23 PM
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay : 0

That did not fix the issue.  When the Line port receives an incoming call it rings the line connected to the phone port after 2 seconds.

Judgeless

I noticed under Physical Interfaces->  LINE Port-> InboundCallRoute-> it is set to ph.  I assume that means to route to phone.  I made it blank and it still routes the the phone port.