News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Device Kept On Resetting

Started by tiff, January 04, 2012, 04:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiff

Don't have any problems with OBi110 & GV but today it started resetting every few seconds-the power indicator turned red->green with phone indicators blinking->red. My SP1 & SP2 showed "resolving DNS" and I can't receive and make calls. Support suggested ***1 to get the IP but can't get through. Is there other way to obtain the device IP?

Thanks!

RonR

I've had a couple of occasions where I had to use the reset button through the bottom to reset an OBi back to factory defaults and then reprogram it before it would stop rebooting over.  Reloading it with exactly the same settings (from a backup file, no less) fixed the problem.

tiff

Tried reset button but it did not resolve the the problem. I logged into the device IP but it won't let me change anything. I disconnected everything but the power the device indicator still turned red, flashing green (4 times) then red again.  ???

RonR

Did you hold the reset button down for an extended period of time and verify that the unit had been reset to factroy defaults?

tiff

Hi Ron,

I held for at least 10 seconds according to their instruction. How do I verify that the unit had been reset?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Tiff

RonR

When you log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, all settings should have Default checked.

tiff

I replaced the power cable now the device indicator showed a static green and I have dial tone too. But I still can not dial out or receive calls. I can hear the system dialing the number but then just hang up. Tried to delete device  from OBiTalk but got to the step that it needed to dial **5 xxxx, I had the same problem-hang up by the system. I noticed other people seems to have similar problem in these few days and wondering if it's a system issue (I have dynamic ip, but did not have any problems before).  :-\

RonR

You might try the following:

1. Delete the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard (do not re-add it).

2. Disable your Internet connection (turn off your modem or unplug the phone line/cable connection).

3. Log into the OBi directly and reset it to factory defaults:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration -> Press Reset to Start Process -> Reset

4. After the OBi reboots, log back into the OBi directly and set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Remember to click Submit at the bottom of any page you make changes to.

Click Reboot in the upper right corner after all changes have been made.

5. After the OBi reboots, enable your Internet connection.

tiff

Hi Ron,

I followed your steps and finally got the phone to work again  :D

Notice that my OBiTALK does not show the device added directly from OBi. Do I need to add SP1/SP2 from my dashboard again?

Thank you very much for your help!

Tiff

RonR

Tiff,

You have to use the OBiTALK Web Portal or you have to maintain the OBi yourself as you just did.  You cannot use both or easily switch back and forth.

Personally, I prefer the manual/direct method as you just used as it gives you full control over the OBi and you know exactly how it's configured.  You also have more accurate and detailed status of what the OBi is doing.  Using the OBiTALK Web Portal leaves you wondering if it actually updated the OBi as you asked it too and you are at the mercy of the OBiTALK Web Portal being operational when you need it.