News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Transferring Obihai devices

Started by Frustrated, December 17, 2016, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frustrated

I have been using a Obi110 for a few years. I purchased an Obi200 a couple of years ago and never got a round to using it.

I have been using Callcentric. Is there anything special I need to do to transfer my Callcentric service from the Obi110 to the Obi200? I might give someone the Obi110 but otherwise it does not matter what happens to it.

I have searched for answers but I have not found any. I assume I can just do a factory reset on the Obi110. Do I simply plug in the Obi200 and go ObiTalk? Is there nothing I need to do to close out the Obi110? I am asking because I am familiar enough with technology that I realize there might be a procedure for closing out an existing device before transferring to another device.

If there is an article anywhere with the details then I am happy to use that.

SteveInWA

First, log onto your OBiTALK account.  Then, go to the dashboard and click the OBi 110 device.  Then, click the blue and white button to delete the device.  You need to get it off of your OBiTALK account so the next person can use it.  Wait a few minutes for the 110 to be remotely reset, and then pick up the phone and key in ***8 then 1 to restore factory defaults, and after it reboots, unplug it and you are done with the old, and ready for the new.

After doing that, if you haven't already done so, add the OBi 200 by clicking the Add Device link on the main dashboard page.  After adding it, you can configure SP1 to use Callcentric:  Click the SP1 link.  On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and click on "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  On the next page, click on Callcentric.  You'll need your Callcentric SIP user ID (1777xxxxxxx) and SIP password (which you previously set up on Callcentric's web site).  If you forgot the SIP password, just edit it over on their website and type in a new one.