News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There is no service available to complete the call

Started by Harvey, February 25, 2011, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Phil,

Welcome.

I would suggest trying a different browser. If you get the correct ip of the OBi, then it should get the web interface of the OBi unit. Give it a try.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: Phil on August 16, 2011, 07:44:27 PM
*** 1 says my OBi's IP is 192.168.1.10
HTTP to that IP times out.

**9 222 222 222 echo test works
**9 333 333 333 gets recorded response

Phil,

The OBi clearly has an IP address and is connected to the Internet and is working properly to be able to call **9 222 222 222 and **9 333 333 333.

Dial ***1 again and listen to the message more carefully.  The last digit is often missed: 192.168.1.10x.

Once you can log into the OBi, check SP1 Service Status on the main status page.  It should say Connected.  If it doesn't, you most likely don't have Google Voice configured correctly in the OBi.

If SP1 Service Status does show Connected, try dialing using **1 + number.  If this is successful, you probably don't have Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service.

Starting with the OBi at factory defaults, the only settings required for Google Voice are:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

T3pleShot

Thanks RonR,

I had the same issue (There is no service available to complete the call) and kept checking the internet-side settings (router config, static IP, DHCP, factory reboot, re-enter GV creds, etc). But the final setting you pointed out was not configured right (it was set to PSTN - I have no idea why it got set that way - GV was working fine till the issue).

I set the following

and it is back working,

Thanks again

jilscot

Quote from: OBi-Guru on February 26, 2011, 03:59:43 PM
Harvey, go back to your Obitalk.com portal, and login.   

Click on the OBi110 icon, and then click on Service Provider 1 (somewhat at the bottom of the page), select Google Voice, and you will be directed to enter your gmail username/passwd, click submit.   Wait a moment till your box has rebooted, and then you can make a call (press 1-area_code-number).

Don't use the obihai.com wizard to configure your Google Voice, since your device is now on obitalk.com

This short Youtube video might help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTmWqP706E

the step described at the 2:00 minute mark is where you need to do to set up your GoogleVoice.

Thanks so much! I changed my Google password and didn't realize it would mess up my phone! Thanks a million!

Detroit_Talk

Harvey,
Did you recently reset your Gmail account password? Please, remember to update your Obi talk password anytime you change your Gmail password.
This should resolve the issue.

Mutche

Quote from: RonR on August 16, 2011, 08:44:28 PM

The OBi clearly has an IP address and is connected to the Internet and is working properly to be able to call **9 222 222 222 and **9 333 333 333.

Dial ***1 again and listen to the message more carefully.  The last digit is often missed: 192.168.1.10x.

Once you can log into the OBi, check SP1 Service Status on the main status page.  It should say Connected.  If it doesn't, you most likely don't have Google Voice configured correctly in the OBi.

If SP1 Service Status does show Connected, try dialing using **1 + number.  If this is successful, you probably don't have Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service.

Starting with the OBi at factory defaults, the only settings required for Google Voice are:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Checked all settings are set right (with a red !) and i still cant make or receive calls

RonR

Quote from: Mutche on May 08, 2012, 02:59:49 PM
Checked all settings are set right (with a red !) and i still cant make or receive calls

You really should check the settings in the OBi.  It doesn't matter what they are in the OBiTALK Web Portal.  The only settings that count are those that make it into the OBi itself.