News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK Service Status shows as "Backing Off" but can make GoogleVoice Calls

Started by TroyB, January 08, 2012, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyB

My ObiTalk Status shows as "offline" and I also checked my Obi110 webpage System status and it shows as "Backing Off". This status does say "registering" after I reboot the Obi110, but then quickly changes to "Backing Off". The offline status on the Obitalk webpage online, also shows a brown ICON. I had all types of trouble with the Obi110 working with Google over the past two days, where all incoming calls were going right to voice mail and I could not access the Obi110 box (seemed to be resetting or locking up every few minutes). I did a full reset of the OBi110 and removed my OBi110 from the Obi Dashboard. Then I added my OBI110 back to the dashboard and added my Google account back. Now I can make inbound and outbound calls and the box seems stable now. However, the ObiTalk System Status is still showing "Backing Off". I am sure this problem mirrors the issue on the Obi Dashboard Status showing "offline". I also noticed that if I log into the ObiExpert Configuration from the online dashboard, I can see most of my Obi110 settings but when I try to enter the System Status, I get this -> "Cannot retrieve requested information from :  device is not online. Please Try again later". Does anyone know if Obitalk is having issues with this ObiTalk status? or what can be done to resolve this issue? Thanks!!!!  :-[

StephenWONG

Yes, I've exactly the same problem since yesterday.  I've 2 Obi110s, one of them shows 'Backing Off' status in the local web management page.  I've tried to reset the problematic one to factory defaults, but the 'Backing Off' status will not go away.  In Obitalk page, the status is brown in color.  SOS!!!

Stephen WONG

TroyB

I heard back from Obihai Tech Support and they found the problem and resolved it. As follows:

"There was a temporary outage with the obitalk server. That is why probably you were seeing your OBi as offline.

This shouldn't affect your Google Voice connection. Google Voice will continue to work, you can rely on phone LED showing you solid green.

-Obihai Support Team"

And I am back "in the green" and my Obi110 shoes ONLINE! All is good now!!!  ;D

MYOBi

1/14/2012: One of my devices is showing offline "device is not online" on Obitalk website.
I can make GV calls on SP1
I cannot make CallCentric calls on SP2.
I cannot make calls on Obitalk network.

RonR

Quote from: MYOBi on January 14, 2012, 12:24:52 PM
1/14/2012: I can make GV calls but one of my devices is showing offline "device is not online".

If you're talking about the status shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal, it's frequently unreliable.

The only status that really counts is what is shown when you log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

MYOBi

Other OBi device is in remote location, therefore I cannot login to the management interface.
Is there a way to remotely login to the device management interface via internet?

When "device is not online", all single digit dialing fails.

RonR

Quote from: MYOBi on January 14, 2012, 04:57:14 PM
Other OBi device is in remote location, therefore I cannot login to the management interface.
Is there a way to remotely login to the device management interface via internet?

When "device is not online", all single digit dialing fails.

The OBiTALK Web Portal has no control over the OBi other than sending configuration values to it.  It's the settings in the OBi itself that controls the OBi.

In order to access the OBi remotely/directly, you'd probably need to have a port forwarded in the router it's connected to.

MYOBi

RonR,

If OBiTALK Web Portal is showing the device as offline, what is the explanation that Google Voice can access the device but not CallCentric. I can understand OBITalk Network cannot access the device because maybe OBITALK servers are not able to connect to the device. Any insight to this behavior of the device?

Which port needs to be forwarded to be able to access the Management Interface?

Thanks,

RonR

The OBiTALK Web Portal plays no part in the operation of the OBi other than allowing you to remotely configure it and view some of its status.  If the OBiTALK Web Portal completely disappeared, it would have no effect on the OBi's operation.

Are you saying you can make and receive calls through Google Voice but not Callcentric on the OBi in question?

The easiest way to be able to configure the OBi directly and remotely is to set:

System Management -> Web Server -> Port : 8080

and forward port 8080 to the OBi in your router.

To connect to your OBi remotely, put w.x.y.z:8080 in your web brower's address line, where w.x.y.z is the public IP address where the OBi and router are located.

Make sure you change the OBi password from the default of admin so no one other than you can log into it.

MYOBi

RonR,

QuoteAre you saying you can make and receive calls through Google Voice but not Callcentric on the OBi in question?

Yes. See my earlier post:

QuoteOne of my devices is showing offline "device is not online" on Obitalk website.
I can make GV calls on SP1
I cannot make CallCentric calls on SP2.
I cannot make calls on Obitalk network.
Obitalk network produces "End Call (404 Not Found)" error.

But, interestingly, I tried to make a call to Remote OBI using Callcentric again, this time I did not get AA (Both OBIs are on COT, and both numbers are trusted numbers). Phone rang and party answered (!)

When the remote OBI is offline, none of my single stage dialing speed dials work.

Will rebooting modem, router and OBI fix Offline problems? What else can we do to eliminate offline problems?

For the remote management:
To test my local OBI, I attempted to change the password from its management interface. I saved the new settings, After rebooting, new password did not work, but old password worked. Did I miss a step?

Thanks,

RonR

Quote from: MYOBi on January 16, 2012, 08:01:11 AM
For the remote management:
To test my local OBI, I attempted to change the password from its management interface. I saved the new settings, After rebooting, new password did not work, but old password worked. Did I miss a step?

Did you remember to disable Auto Provisioning?:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

It sounds like the ObITALK Web Portal is still in control.

MYOBi

Those are the steps I missed. If I disable Auto Provisioning, will I be able to control the device from Web site?
I can only test my local OBI located in my home.

Now, today the remote OBI OFFLINE problem is getting worse. Callcentric cannot reach it. I get "Person you are trying to reach is not available. Message 1004." message.
I can reach the OBI with GV to get the AA. Entering 1 will not connect me to the phone. I got "There is no subscriber" error message. I had to call them differently. After GV gonnected me to AA, I forwarded the call to their cell phone from Line out. Asked them to reboot modem, router and Obi. They did. After that, I was able to make 2 successful calls, second one got disconnected. We now get "There is no subscriber" message from Obi again.

I am wondering if device is getting bad and require replacement?

RonR

Quote from: MYOBi on January 16, 2012, 12:05:15 PM
Those are the steps I missed. If I disable Auto Provisioning, will I be able to control the device from Web site?
I can only test my local OBI located in my home.

Auto Provisioning enabled = control by the OBiTALK Web Portal only.

Auto Provisioning disabled = control by direct access to the OBi only.

You must use one method or the other.

Quote from: MYOBi on January 16, 2012, 12:05:15 PM
I can reach the OBI with GV to get the AA. Entering 1 will not connect me to the phone. I got "There is no subscriber" error message. I had to call them differently. After GV gonnected me to AA, I forwarded the call to their cell phone from Line out. Asked them to reboot modem, router and Obi. They did. After that, I was able to make 2 successful calls, second one got disconnected. We now get "There is no subscriber" message from Obi again.

I'm not familiar with a "There is no subscriber" message in the OBi.  I've never encountered it or heard of anyone reporting such a message before now.  It doesn't sound like something the OBi would say.