News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV working fine; trouble adding Sipgate

Started by SnerdlyBosco, January 14, 2012, 09:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Quote from: SnerdlyBosco on January 16, 2012, 04:33:01 PM
In Voice Service > SP2 Service > X_CodecProfile is default set for "B"

You only need to set X_ServProvProfile to 'B'.  X_RingProfile & X_CodecProfile can be left at 'A'.  The Default on all these is 'A' on my OBi.

Quote from: SnerdlyBosco on January 16, 2012, 04:33:01 PM
Noting on that same page, AuthPassword is blank, with "device default" checked.

You need to put your Sipgate SIP credentials at AuthUserName & AuthPassword.

SnerdlyBosco

This morning, tried Obi connected direct to modem. SP1 UNenabled; SP2 as primary; SP2 Codecs set to "A."

Solid green light on phone indicator.

Placed call: rejected by service provider 488 (tried no area code, with area code and with leading 1)
Received call: no ringback tones in originating call handset; no ring on phone connected to Obi

Any further suggestions?

SnerdlyBosco

In the event I might have made a settings change that was masking (or causing) a problem, I factory-reset the Obi110 (paperclip and power on 'til green light flashed) and deleted service provider profiles from ObiTalk.

Then, to isolate SipGate (since Google Voice had been working flawlessly), I set up Sipgate on SP1, with nothing on SP2.

I ONLY did the minimal wizard setup, with NO changes in Expert config.

ObiTalk indicates "Service not configured." Connecting Obi direct to modem (bypassing router)
Solid green light for "phone"
Outbound calls get "(three tone) there is no service available to complete your call."

Suggestions as to where I might go from here?

Everton

Login to your Sipgate account and generate a NEW password.  Use this new password and username on the OBi to see if you can get registration.  If that doesn't work, contact OBi Support for more personalize support.

RonR

SnerdlyBosco,

If you didn't delete the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard, resetting the OBi to factory defaults was a waste of time as the OBiTALK Web Portal immediately put everything back the way it was just seconds earlier.

Do the following:

1. Delete the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard.  Do NOT re-add it.

2. Reset the OBi to factory defaults by holding the reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds.

3. Log into the OBi directly and verrify that all settings have their Default checkbox checked.

3. Set nothing but the following:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> STUNEnable (checked)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> STUNServer : stun.ideasip.com

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sipgate.com

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

4. Reboot.

5. Verify that all settings have their Default checkbox checked except for the settings defined above and that all of them are still correct.

6. Check the Main Status page and see if SP1 reports Registered.  If so, attempt to make and receive calls.

RonR

SnerdlyBosco,

FWIW, I just performed the exact steps I outlined in the previous post.

The OBi immediately registered with Sipgate and I could successfully make and receive calls.

SnerdlyBosco

RonR

Ha! I was just coming back to tell you I'd taken some of your advice from elsewhere in the forum -- which is exactly what you've just posted here! Thanks for both...

Progress!

With ObiTalk disabled and the Obi provisioning disabled, Sipgate on SP1 registers fine.

I am able to place calls AND receive calls.

BUT, there is one-way audio on both placed and received calls. In neither case can the Obi-wired phone "hear." In both cases, the distant phone can hear.

Something in the router?

Thanks for getting me this far...

RonR

Quote from: SnerdlyBosco on January 18, 2012, 11:51:15 AM
Ha! I was just coming back to tell you I'd taken some of your advice from elsewhere in the forum -- which is exactly what you've just posted here! Thanks for both...

Progress!

With ObiTalk disabled and the Obi provisioning disabled, Sipgate on SP1 registers fine.

I am able to place calls AND receive calls.

I was confident you were getting all tangled up between the OBiTALK Web Portal, the OBiTALK Wizrd, and the OBi directly.

Do yourself a big favor and get familiar with configuring the OBi directly on your own.  You'll end up thanking yourself in the end.

Quote from: SnerdlyBosco on January 18, 2012, 11:51:15 AM
BUT, there is one-way audio on both placed and received calls. In neither case can the Obi-wired phone "hear." In both cases, the distant phone can hear.

Something in the router?

That's most likely a router issue.

First call the echo test at **9 222 222 222 and see how that goes (it's usually more forgiving).

Then connect the OBi directly to your modem and see if bypassing the router solves the problem.

Stewart

I suspect that the Embarq modem is configured as a router (since you were able to run the OBi with GV, when connected directly to the modem).  You can confirm that by seeing whether the Linksys gets a public IP address on its WAN interface.  If not, the modem is acting as a router and you have two NATs cascaded.

I don't know whether Sipgate requires NAT mapping -- try turning off STUNEnable.  If that doesn't work, turn it back on and test with OBi direct to modem.  If that also fails, you might put the modem in bridge mode and set up PPPoE on the Linksys.  If the direct modem connection works, try forwarding the RTP port range across the Linksys.

SnerdlyBosco

Tried disabling STUN. One-way audio persists, with and without.

Connected Obi directly to modem.

Outbound call: SUCCESS! Both parties could hear.
Inbound call: FAILURE. Call placed with Verizon got "unable to complete your call" message. Call placed with Google Voice got ringback tones for caller, but phone connected to Obi did not ring.

I suspect that the Embarq modem is configured as a router (since you were able to run the OBi with GV, when connected directly to the modem).  You can confirm that by seeing whether the Linksys gets a public IP address on its WAN interface.  If not, the modem is acting as a router and you have two NATs cascaded.

I don't know how to see whether Linksys gets a public IP address on its WAN interface.

SnerdlyBosco

And one more step closer:

FINALLY found SIP-alg in my router (WRT610n, under Management | Advanced Features). Disabling that gave me two-way audio on PLACED calls from the phone attached to the Obi, through the router. Woo Hoo!

Still unable, however, to RECEIVE calls. Calls placed from Verizon still generate an error (You have reached a non-working number, most recently). Calls placed from Google Voice still generate ringback tones for the caller, but never ring the phone attached to the Obi.

Any further ideas?

RonR

Log into to your Sipgate account and put your mouse over the telephone icon where you can retrieve your SIP credentials.  There is a 'Test phone' option on the menu that appears.  Does clcking this ring the OBi and play the welcome message properly?  If so, there may be a problem with your Sipgate DID.

SnerdlyBosco

Couldn't find the "test phone" option in Sipgate. Noticed that the telephone icon indicated "offline." I checked the Obi status and it was "unable to register, retrying in..."

Only thing I had changed was the SIP alg disable, so I enabled it and the Obi registered, the Sipgate.com phone icon indicated "online," and I was able to "test phone" successfully.

AFTER THAT, I was able to receive Sipgate calls to the Obi with two-way audio. Placing calls is back to one-way audio, but since all I need is incoming calls, I'm in good shape.

I might fuss with it again someday, but I'm going to try locking down the function(s) that I have and see if they'll persist.

Thanks for the help.

RonR

Quote from: SnerdlyBosco on January 18, 2012, 05:09:17 PM
Placing calls is back to one-way audio, but since all I need is incoming calls, I'm in good shape.

Forwarding ports 16600 - 16998 to the OBi might help with the audio issues.  I always forward ports 5060 - 5061 also just to be safe.

SnerdlyBosco

Returning to the scene of the crime...

Obi will register with Sipgate, but I get one-way audio on BOTH placed and received calls. Phone connected to Obi does not hear on either, but distant party can hear what's being sent from the Obi.

Any recommendations? I feel as if I'm getting closer...

GV works flawlessly.

Kamaaina

I have the same issues, spend quite some time on this. It seems the minute GV is included the SIP stuff gets affected. I have not tried configuring 2 different regular SIP accounts on the OBI and see if that works, but right now GV works and sipgate is registered, even rings, but when you try to pick up the call you cannot hear anything on the sipgate.

I put Sipgate back on an old VoIP adapter (HT-496)and there it works flawless. I had hoped to combine it on the the OBI and save one adapter and one phone standing round but cannot get it to work. It's all behind an E3000 running tomato.

I give up for now.