News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automatic Obi to Obi calling

Started by Gavo, January 16, 2012, 02:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello,

A customer of mine is interested in a "dedicated line" between his workshop and his office. Both sites have a broadband connection. What I was wondering is can the off-hook action of a phone be used to trigger a call, i.e.
lift handset at site "A" - Obi recognises this and dials the number of the Obi at site "B" and vice versa.

If this isn't possible then I guess it will need to be done via a dialling plan or indeed program a memory button on the phone with the Obi number.

Cheers

Gavin

jimates

you would set up each Obi's Obitalk number in the other's speed dial list.

example: just pick up the phone and press 2, after a couple of seconds it will ring the other Obi.

Or you can set the Obi to dial a designated number when no input is detected. Not sure what the default wait time is but it can be changed.

RonR

Quote from: Gavo on January 16, 2012, 02:03:49 AM
What I was wondering is can the off-hook action of a phone be used to trigger a call, i.e.
lift handset at site "A" - Obi recognises this and dials the number of the Obi at site "B" and vice versa.

Yes, it's called Hot or Warm dialing.  The OBi will automatically dial a particular number immediately (Hot) or after some period of time (Warm) after the handset goes off-hook.

Hot:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (<S0:**9200123456>|...)

Warm:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (<S4:**9200123456>|...)

Gavo

Great stuff chaps! Works a treat and will save a few $$ by avoiding the local telco.

Cheers

Gavin