News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't receive incoming calls

Started by Loughary, February 25, 2011, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughary

Okay...I just setup a new SIP account and I used the Generic SIP Account Wizard for ITSP Configuration from OBIhai.com site.  I can make outbound calls perfectly but when I try to call the number I receive a voice message that says" The number you dialed is not in service" not sure if this is a problem with my SIP account provider or I missed a setting in the OBi110.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RonR

Does the OBi indicate it is successfully registered with the provider?:

Status -> System Status -> SPx Service Status -> Status

SIP registration is required to receive incoming calls, but is frequently not required to make outgoing calls.  If the OBi is not registered, double-check the SIP credentials:

Service Providers -> ITSPx -> SIP -> ProxyServer
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthUserName
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthPassword

Loughary

Quote from: RonR on February 25, 2011, 07:58:49 PM
Does the OBi indicate it is successfully registered with the provider?:

Status -> System Status -> SPx Service Status -> Status

SIP registration is required to receive incoming calls, but is frequently not required to make outgoing calls.  If the OBi is not registered, double-check the SIP credentials:

Service Providers -> ITSPx -> SIP -> ProxyServer
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthUserName
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthPassword

I checked and OBi shows "Registered" under system status and I verified that I have the correct username and password.

Thanks for the reply not sure what I'm doing wrong...sounds like my SIP account isn't setup correctly yet from my providor?

RonR

That's quite possible.  You might want to contact them and have them verify that incoming calls are working on their end.

Loughary

It's working now....not sure what the problem was...I'm assuming it was with my SIP service provider...checked this morning and its working fine.