News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound GV Calls Not Completing

Started by RJDB, January 16, 2012, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJDB

I have recently started to have problems with outbound GV calls.

When the call is placed, the ring patterns are heard in the originating handset, but the destination end never rings.

When I look at the call history, it indicates the call was connected, as shown below -

Terminal ID   PHONE1   GoogleVoice1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   1xxxyyyzzzz   1xxxyyyzzzz
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
19:20:37   New Call   
19:20:40      Call Connected
19:21:31   End Call

In this call, I hung up after many rings.   I immediately called the destination number with my cell phone.   When the distant party answered, I asked them if their phone had recently rang.   It had not.

This problem is very intermittent, and has been happening from time to time.   Sometimes the call goes through; sometimes not.    I rebooted the OBi today, approximately 6 hours before the most recent failed call.

I logged into my GV account, and it reflects the call, with a 1 minute duration.

I upgraded the firmware a day or two ago.  I cannot say for certain whether I had these type of failed calls before I updated the firmware.   Anyone else seeing this problem??

AndyJ

I had this issue with a certain number that I call about once a week. Sometimes I hear the ringing, but the remote end never actually rings. Sometimes the remote end does ring, but when the called party answers, they hear silence. I was having the problem for a few months, then it worked fine for a few months, and now it's back to giving me trouble. The last time I called the number, I had to dial three times before the connection was successful. It's entirely a Google Voice problem with connecting the call. From the OBi's standpoint, the call is successful. Do you see the problem when calling using Google Voice without the OBi?

RJDB

I only use the GV line (w/OBi) for long distance.   Further, I usually call the same long distance number, so I can't say for certain whether or not it is unique to the number I am calling.   I also only use the GV line from my OBi, so I am unable to acertain whether it is unique to the OBi.

I have conducted a number of test calls to my (local) cell phone via OBi GV, and I have never had it fail.