News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 Mapping

Started by Judgeless, January 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgeless

My local 911 service has a normal number I can call.  The number is 440.329.5444

How can I set the OBI110 so that if you pick up the phone and dial 911 it dials that number instead?

RonR

You didn't say which trunk you want the substitute 911 number to use, so I assumed SP1:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{(<911:14403295444>):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

nils

How did you find out your local 911 call center number?

RonR

Quote from: nils on January 24, 2012, 05:17:52 PM
How did you find out your local 911 call center number?

Call your local non-emergency police and/or fire department number and ask.

melamoud

are they going to be able to say where you are located ? thats the main problem with voip 911, right

RonR

Any VoIP provider that provides E911 service should take care of all the details and you simply dial 911.

If you're going to call the local dispatcher yourself (by having the OBi map 911 to some local number), the dispatcher won't get any information about you regardless of where you or they are located.  You'll have to give them all the details verbally.

Everton

Quote from: Judgeless on January 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM
My local 911 service has a normal number I can call.  The number is 440.329.5444

How can I set the OBI110 so that if you pick up the phone and dial 911 it dials that number instead?

Have you try calling that number outside of normal business hours?  I called by local non-emergency number after 7:00 pm and got an IVR system, prompting me to press 1 for..., 2 for..., 5 for.....  I did test this number even during business hours and got greeted with the IVR.  After pressing 5 for non-emergency, I again greeted with another greeting and put on hold or put into a que.  I certainly do not want to do this in case of a true emergency.  What happen in cases of a hangup or where you are forced to hang up the call before speaking to someone at the non-emergency number?

aveno offers e911 for $0.80 per month and you DO NOT have to purchase a number/DID and you have a reliable VOIP Provider as a backup in case of problems with outgoing GV calls.  So for less than $10.00 per year, you can have e911 with address delivery.  Individuals need to think through the use of these non-emergency numbers just to save pennies.

Clarke33

Bear with me here because I'm new to all of this but does anyone know how to configure everything in conjunction with Anveo and Google Voice? Detailed instructions would be wonderful if possible. I really want to be able to dial 911 instead of the the number in the phone book which is only answered during the day. 

RonR

Assuming you have Google Voice on SP1, Anveo on SP2, and want 911 calls to go to Anveo, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Clarke33

How do I get to the settings to enter this?

RonR

Quote from: Clarke33 on January 25, 2012, 09:33:31 PM
How do I get to the settings to enter this?

If you wish to use the OBiTALK Web Portal : OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

I find it much simpler to access the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The default username/password is admin/admin (the password may have been changed by the OBiTALK Web Portal if you have added the OBi to the Dashboard there).

If you wish to configure the OBi directly, you also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Clarke33

Thanks I'll give it a try. I'll probably have more questions though.

Clarke33

What is the easiest way to add Anveo to sp2. 

RonR

Quote from: Clarke33 on January 26, 2012, 05:18:13 PM

Try this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Anveo
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

Everton

In addition to what Ron shows below, DogFace05 (dslreports.com) recomends the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Browse to Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General and enable X_SymmetricRTPEnable. If that doesn't solve your problem, you may need to forward UDP ports 16800 through 16999 from your router to the OBi.

Also, given that Anveo use DNS SRV, it's nonsensical to explicitly specify their proxy server host and port. Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP, just set ProxyServer to "anveo.com", and check Default for everything from ProxyServerPort through OutboundProxyPort. Enable X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix, and optionally (not really useful for now, since Anveo's DNS SRV records only map to a single proxy server) X_ProxyServerRedundancy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Anveo's DNS SRV records NOW map to a two proxy server!!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26679801-Pls-help-Dead-air-with-Anveo~start=20

Quote from: RonR on January 26, 2012, 05:35:11 PM
Quote from: Clarke33 on January 26, 2012, 05:18:13 PM

Try this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Anveo
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

Clarke33

When submit the changes can I do them all before rebooting or do I have to reboot after each change?

RonR

Simply click Submit at the bottom of any page you've made changes to before leaving that page.

Then click Reboot after all changes have been made to make them all effective.

Clarke33

How do I reboot. I searched but didn't find it.

Clarke33

Do I hit the button that says Return?

RonR

Assuming you're configuring the OBi directly, there is a Reboot button in the upper right corner of every page.