News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Post connection dialing problems

Started by KnittingEmily, January 18, 2012, 07:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnittingEmily

I have been trying to connect to my companies conference line service using my Obihai 110 and Google voice and am having troubles. I can call the 866 number just fine, but it asks me for my meeting number and when I put in the number it does not register all of the digits. For example if I put in 861 372 9801 the recording will say "I'm sorry. 61 372 801 is not a valid number. Please try again." I don't have any custom settings nor any digit maps (and honestly not sure I even know what means). I'm trying to figure this out, but it seems overwhelming. Any help is much appreciated! :-[

lk96

Are you on speakerphone when you try to enter the meeting/bridge digits? or on the handset?

I experienced once same issue with what you describe and found that it was caused
by the phone itself distorting the tone that I was entering. My suspicion at the time
was that this artifact was caused by some form of echo cancellation kicking in on the device
or somewhere else on the phone network, or that the looping back the sound of the dialed
digits while on speakerphone was enough to distort the tone to the point that the
conference bridge was mis-recognizing them. The one time I encountered this
was with conf calls using freeconference.com.

As soon as I picked up the handset and dialed again, all issues disappeared.

L.

KnittingEmily

I'm using a cordless phone handset (not speaker), although I might try the speaker phone just to see what happens

Stewart

Try changing (in ITSP Profile A, General) DTMFMethod from Auto to InBand.

If no luck, and you have any service(s) other than GV configured on your OBi, do you have the trouble with another service?

Possibly, holding each button down for a longer time, e.g. 1/4 second or more, may help.

KnittingEmily

Ok - I now have two solutions that seem to be working:

1)  lk96 - your comment led me to try using the base station for my cordless as a speakerphone (it has it's own dial pad) and that worked

2) Stewart- holding down the keys also seems to work, but I'm not sure I understand why because when I push the button I hear the beep and holding it down does not seem to make any difference in the length of the beep. But hey - I don't need to understand it - it works.

One question though - I was not able to change the DTMFMethod - it's greyed out. I feel like I know enough to be extremely dangerous in that expert setting area. This may be a stupid thing that I'm missing.

Stewart

Quote from: KnittingEmily on January 18, 2012, 08:02:31 PMI was not able to change the DTMFMethod - it's greyed out.
Uncheck the corresponding Default box and you should then be able to change the value.

However, since you have workarounds -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

MattG

I had the exact same issue the other day, except I was checking balance on a gift card. It would work thru CallCentric but not GV until I rebooted the Obi.