News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Minor annoyance - can't log into Obi's internal config page...

Started by TheoGeek, January 25, 2012, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheoGeek

So, I think this happened when I switched my Obi 110 to have a static IP, but I'm not sure.  I had been able to enter the IP of the Obi in a web browser and login just fine, so I know it "used" to work.  Now, when I try, I get the login prompt, but it just times out after I enter the username and password.  I can get to the settings through the Obi portal on the web.

Any clues?  I'd really like to not have to reset the box to factory settings, but I don't have a whole lot of stuff that I'd need to reconfigure.

The funny thing is that the Obi is operating just fine except that I can't log into it.  Well, that and when I tried to reenable DHCP through the *** menu to see if that was the problem, it never stuck (it would say "Enabled", but switch right back to "Disabled" again)

Thanks!
Jeff.

RonR

Look on the OBiTALK Web Portal to see if it changed your OBI's password.

TheoGeek

So, the password on the Obitalk web portal was what I expected.  However, I changed it to something else and now my old password works to log into my Obi.  Strange.  The password I use to log into my Obi is NOT the password listed in the admin section of the Obitalk web portal. 

I don't remember turning "auto update" (or whatever) off, but I may have.  But I didn't change the password on my Obi, just on the Obitalk portal.

Oh well, it works now.  :)