News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Choppy GV audio.

Started by justin, February 27, 2011, 12:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justin

Has anyone else had issues with choppy GV audio and echoing on the GV connection?

I am using the obi110 connected to an asterisk 2.8 system and I don't hear any audio issues internally but external users do.   :-\

justin

I am using OBi firmware From Feb 19th 2011 and my Asterisk system is in a VM.

Any Idea?

RonR

There's an excellent chance that running Asterisk in a VM is the source of your choppy audio.

justin

is there any fix I can do to help this out?

NerdUno

Try this Google search... choppy site:pbxinaflash.com

MichiganTelephone

I've been told that under VMware there are two things you need to pay special attention to:

1) You need to install VMware Tools, and apparently as part of that installation process you install a new network card driver that makes a big difference.

2) There is a CPU timing fix that you need to make to a Grub configuration file.

There should be instructions somewhere on the Web, and if you make sure those two things are done, I understand it makes a huge difference.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.