News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obitalk on linksys pap2t

Started by 872368, January 19, 2012, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi. Sorry for my stupid question, but can I use the obitalk on my linksys pap2t?
Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: 872368 on January 19, 2012, 06:10:55 PM
can I use the obitalk on my linksys pap2t?

Please explain what you mean by this question?  I know what a Linksys PAP2T is, but what do you mean by 'the obitalk'?

Most of the dicussion around here is about an OBi100/110 hardware device, which in many ways, is similar to a PAP2T.

Quote from: RonR on January 19, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: 872368 on January 19, 2012, 06:10:55 PM
can I use the obitalk on my linksys pap2t?

Please explain what you mean by this question?  I know what a Linksys PAP2T is, but what do you mean by 'the obitalk'?

Most of the dicussion around here is about an OBi100/110 hardware device, which in many ways, is similar to a PAP2T.

sorry
can I connect my pap2t to your service obitalk, using sip proxy, login, and password? OR can I replace your OBi100 VoIP by my pap2t?

RonR

The OBiTALK Service that is used to facilitate communications between OBi's and OBiON Apps is a proprietary protocol and is undocumented.  Obihai provides the server.

There's an OBiAPP for PC applicaton that's intended to be to run on a PC to enable a softphone such as X-Lite to communicate with the OBiTAL Service.  I've successfully configured a PAP2 to communicate with it when both the PAP2 and PC were on the same LAN.

wol786

I am live in Kuwait I not found obitalk device but I find Linksys PAP2 device Can I confuter obitalk services in linksys PAP2 device?

Huib

Only OBi devices (or Obihai software) can use the OBiTALK service.

yhfung

You may use the following ways to talk to your friends on OBinet:

1. Apply an account from the OBiTalk
2. Install OBiApp on any PC platform
3. Using your Linksys ATA to register the OBiAPP

With the above steps, I believe you are able to talk to your friend via the OBiTalk service.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com