News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 with GV stopped working

Started by mj56gt, January 22, 2012, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj56gt

I just set up my OBI110 with GV yesterday, and it worked for a few calls. However, it has stopped working since this morning: after the dial tones, I only hear some clicking sound, but no other messages. I just checked my OBI Dashboard, and it shows GV account is still connected. Also when I dial the test call  "**9 333 333 333″ or "**9 222 222 222″, I get the same clicking noise. What could be wrong, and how to diagnose the problem? Thanks in advance!

mj56gt

It looks like my cordless phone of 2.4 GHz is the problem. After I switched to a different cordless phone of 5.8 GHz, everything works fine now. So was the interference with the wireless router causing the phone behaving erratically? Would changing the phone's channel solve the problem?

RevKev

If your wireless router and wireless phone are both using the same or adjacent channels in the 2.4ghz spectrum, then they definitely can interfere with each other. If possible, use channel 1, 6 or 11 on your router and a channel at least 2 channels away on the phone. If you can see your neighbor's router(s) and what channels they are on, try to avoid the same channels (the further away numerically, the better).

mj56gt

Thanks a lot for the help information! I really appreciate it...

Quote from: RevKev on January 22, 2012, 05:46:53 PM
If your wireless router and wireless phone are both using the same or adjacent channels in the 2.4ghz spectrum, then they definitely can interfere with each other. If possible, use channel 1, 6 or 11 on your router and a channel at least 2 channels away on the phone. If you can see your neighbor's router(s) and what channels they are on, try to avoid the same channels (the further away numerically, the better).