News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Poor digit enry response and delayed dial tone issue since update

Started by Mr.Kaup, January 22, 2012, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Kaup

I noticed starting about three weeks ago or so when I updated to the latest firmware that a couple of unwanted changes occurred. First and less important, there is now about a three second delay from the time I pick up the phone to the time I hear a dial tone. Secondly, now when I have to press a number during a call for a automated call system, "press one for English....", I have to press and hold the number for a few seconds for it to be recognized. Is this an "improvement" brought on by the update or maybe just a coincidence and an issue with google voice that others are experiencing?

Stewart

Something is very wrong -- you should hear dial tone within 0.1 seconds of going off hook.  Confirm that it's not your phone by trying another, preferably a line-powered corded one.  Possibly, the device is being bombarded with unwanted network traffic; see whether you get dial tone immediately, when the Ethernet cable is disconnected.

If you have ruled out the above, try Reset Configuration.  If no luck, reset the unit with a paper clip.  If you still have slow dial tone, try flashing the firmware again.

innominato

I have the same issues with one difference: the delayed dial tone is preceded by a series of beeps not very different in tone from the dial tone itself. I also noticed that the tones on automatic responses often (or perhaps always, still have to verify) is not recognized although I react to it by repeating against keeping the number key pressed (probably the same issue as the previous user  :-\)

Stewart

Quote from: innominato on January 23, 2012, 06:51:03 AM
I have the same issues with one difference: the delayed dial tone is preceded by a series of beeps not very different in tone from the dial tone itself.
This is known as "stutter dial tone" and tells you that you have new voicemail.  When you have cleared the message(s), dial tone should return to normal.  If not, search this forum for various fixes.  However, this is not a slow dial tone -- you can still start dialing as soon as you hear the first beep.

For the DTMF issue, try setting Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod to InBand.

obi-support2

Mr.Kaup

What you described is not normal. Please send us an email
at support@obihai.com so that we can trouble-shoot that problem with you.
Please provide your OBi number in the email.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

Mr.Kaup

I appreciate your responses folks. Turns out preforming a reboot through the web portal fixed everything up for me. And just to let you know if you're curious, I did try a corded phone before I posted and the same issues were present before the reboot. Hopefully everything will continue to function properly. (problems with my motorola cable modem are making me paranoid)

chief3202

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with the new update. When I turn the phone on, there is a long delay before I hear the dial tone. My obi110 was working perfectly for about 6 months and I took the update.  Tonight while I was talking on the phone, google voice disconnected. I have a dial tone and the echo test works.  I tried to reboot the modem, router the system, and reset the obi100. The problem still exsists. I deleted my account and reactivated the obi. Now, the device configeration is reading "service not configured".  Any soloutions?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: chief3202 on January 24, 2012, 06:13:33 PM
I deleted my account and reactivated the obi and the device configeration is reading "service not configured".  Any soloutions?

Log into the OBi directly using the IP address reported by dialing ***1.  Check the SP1 Service Status that's listed on the Main Status page that comes up.  If it says "Connected", then the status on the OBiTALK Web Portal is simply incorrect and you should be able to make and receive calls.  If it says "Service Not Configured", verify the following settings:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

If any of them are incorrect and you elect to correct them in the OBi directly, you will also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

chief3202

Ron, everything looks good.  The funny thing is that the obo just started to work again.  I have been experiencing problems today, especially with the delay of the dial tone when I pick up the receiver. The bazar part is that when I was having a conversation tonight, the person on the other end stated that my voice was garbled. A few seconds later, the call was disconnected and the obi shut down. There was only 1 green light on the obi unit that was lit up. Usually, the obi displays 2 solid green light and 1 blinking light. I did a complete reboot and the problem still exsists. I reconfigured everything and still nothing except the operator's message indicating that my call could not be completed etc. (when I dial out)  The service just came back up, so I dont have a clue why this thing just started to act up. Like I stated prior that this obi unit never gave me a real problem since I installed it. I'm puzzled.....

Thanks
Chief3202