News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where is speed dial 99 on web portal speed dial setup?

Started by fbjd, January 21, 2012, 08:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbjd

On the obitalk web portal, speed dial #99 is missing. Also #1 is greyed out for editing so it's permanently pointing to the soft phone number.

However, if I log in to the device directly, I see #99 and #1 is also editable.

Is there a way around this or do I have to turn off auto-provisioning and just limit myself to directly modifying the device?

This was asked before in this forum but nobody replied so here's hoping somebody will this time.

Thanks,
Fabian

RonR

Obihai does hard-wire Speed Dial 1 to the OBiON number if configured from the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Why Speed Dial 99 is missing from the OBiTALK Web Portal is anyone's guess.

You either live with those restrictions or configure the OBi directly with Auto Provisioning disabled.

Felix

huh? Both 1 and 99 are available through expert config. I just set them up for custom numbers. Obviously, you need to uncheck "Obitalk settings" and then uncheck "Device default". But no need to disable auto provisioning  :P

UPDATE: Clarification - Speedials 1 and 99 are available on expert config for individual devices (which is "last step" before turning off provisioning). Why it's not available as shared speed-dials account-wide, as Ron said is anybody's guess. In any event, if you disable provisioning you still need to set them on every device - so you may as well do it from the website...