News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBITalk100: some 1-800 number don't work

Started by jabba, January 22, 2012, 03:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabba

I have been using OBITalk100 (+GV) for 4 months, and just upgraded the software to 1.3, but the problem is still not going away.

For example, 1-800-468-3510. If I dail the number from my cell phone, I can hear the auto answering service menu. But when I use the OBITalk phone, all I hear is phone ringing from the other side.

Anybody has the same problem? or know how to resolve it?

RonR

This appears to be another 800 number that uses 'Early Media' that's not supported by Google Voice nor a number of VoIP providers.

A not so elegant solution is to call one of the Sip Broker PSTN Access Numbers and then dial *18004683510#.

A more elegant solution is to offload all of your toll free calling to a provider that supports 'Early Media'.  This requires that you have SP2 configured for SIP:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap: (...|(Mvg8)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : ...,{(Mvg8):vg8},{(Mpli):pli}

Voice Gateway8

Name : Toll Free

AccessNumber : SP2(proxy.ideasip.com)

DigitMap : (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx)

If you don't already have a SIP provider configured on SP2, use the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (put anything here)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Diana

I try to set this up per the instructions below and got a message saying "the call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again".  I using the OBiTALK Service via an Android Phone (OBiON Number: 290xxxxx3) to make an outgoing call (1800xxxxxxx) using one-step dialing.  I did make a change to the:

OBiTALK Service Settings ->
Inbound Cal Route: ....,{(Mcot)>(18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx):vg8},{(Mcot)>(<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx):vg8},......

User Defined Digit Map3 -> Label -> cot; DigitMap -> (200xxxxxx|290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2|290xxxxx3)

I do not have access to the Phone attached to the OBi110, so I'm not sure if the changes referenced below works from the Phone Port.  Do you have to have any credential (AuthUserID and AuthPassword) with ideasip for this to work or are there other changes I need to make to have this work via OBiTALK Service?  

BTW, I have anveo setup/registered on SP2 and a check of the logs shows the outgoing calls going out on SP2, as 1800xxxxxxx@proxy.ideasip.com!

Quote from: RonR on January 22, 2012, 03:44:03 PM
This appears to be another 800 number that uses 'Early Media' that's not supported by Google Voice nor a number of VoIP providers.

A not so elegant solution is to call one of the Sip Broker PSTN Access Numbers and then dial *18004683510#.

A more elegant solution is to offload all of your toll free calling to a provider that supports 'Early Media'.  This requires that you have SP2 configured for SIP:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : ...,{(Mvg8):vg8},{(Mpli):pli}

Voice Gateway8

RonR

Quote from: Diana on January 26, 2012, 11:18:07 AM
I did make a change to the:

OBiTALK Service Settings ->
Inbound Cal Route: ....,{(Mcot)>(18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx):vg8},{(Mcot)>(<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx):vg8},......

User Defined Digit Map3 -> Label -> cot; DigitMap -> (200xxxxxx|290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2|290xxxxx3)

Simply add the following to the beginning of your previously working OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {(Mcot)>(Mvg8):vg8},...

You should not have needed to make any changes to the 'cot' list.

You must leave AuthUserID and AuthPassword at Default in the Voice Gateway when using IdeaSIP.

Diana

This is not working either through Phone or OBiTALK Service.  RonR, could you verify procedure.  I check and triple check and getting the same reported error message when I call two different 800 numbers.

Edit:  If I dial: 1-800-468-3510 or 1-855-843-2549, the call is successful, yet If I call: 1-800-397-3342 I get the error message.

Edit2:  It appears that the Toll Free Numbers that I have been dialing have been disconnected and change to new numbers.  I tried a number of other toll free numbers and procedure outlined is indeed working correctly!!

RonR

Quote from: Diana on January 26, 2012, 02:32:22 PM
This is not working either through Phone or OBiTALK Service.  RonR, could you verify procedure.  I check and triple check and getting the same reported error message when I call two different 800 numbers.

That's the exact implementation I have in several OBi's and it works perfectly.

Please post your entire OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute and the contents of VG8.  Also post the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

You can PM the 800 numbers for me to try if you don't wish to post them here.

talk2me

Guys can you help me calling this number 7862301518, it does not get through my GV..do I need to do any setup change??  I use this for overseas calling..

RonR

Quote from: talk2me on March 23, 2012, 04:21:46 AM
Guys can you help me calling this number 7862301518, it does not get through my GV..do I need to do any setup change??  I use this for overseas calling..

What happens when you dial it?  It works fine here.

Stewart

Quote from: talk2me on March 23, 2012, 04:21:46 AM
I called 7862301518 through GV with no problem.  They do not use "early media".

However, you will in general get lower latency and better quality by using a direct IP connection, rather than calling an access number.  Dial91.com seems to offer that only via their smartphone apps, though they ight provide SIP credentials on request.

Assuming that you are calling India, you might look at these other providers; ratings are my personal opinion:

Anveo: best quality, reliability, support.  Rate is slightly higher than Dial91, but there is no payment processing charge, so it's about the same.

Betamax: cheapest, but not the best quality or reliability.  Support almost non-existent.  Depending on whether you are calling landlines or mobiles, a different brand will be lowest.  See list here: http://backsla.sh/betamax .  Can also be used as calling card.

Voxbeam: good quality and reliability at a low rate.  Decent support.  One second billing.  $1 free trial.

Localphone: good quality and reliability.  Decent support.  Rates slightly higher than Dial91, but with no payment surcharge.  When used as calling card, you have a unique number for each contact that rings them directly -- no need to enter PIN or destination number.  Few minutes free trial.

fredder

Voice Gateway8

How does the OBI110 know to use gateway 8 for 1800 numbers?  Is it because the 1-800 pattern was specified in the DigitMap for that gateway?

RonR

Quote from: fredder on March 28, 2012, 09:19:11 PM
How does the OBI110 know to use gateway 8 for 1800 numbers?  Is it because the 1-800 pattern was specified in the DigitMap for that gateway?

Yes, in conjunction with the VG8 DigitMap being referenced by the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

nexus14

Voice Gateway8

Thanks for this! It works perfectly. If I were to make an account through ideaSIP, how would I adjust these instructions?

Physical Interfaces --> I followed instructions as is
Voice Gateway 8 ---> followed instructions as is

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: proxy.ideasip.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : the_11_digit_number assigned by ideaSip

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (checked)

Interestingly, it dials 800-numbers just fine but I don't have record of the "dialed calls" from my ideasip.com account page.

When I look at my "Last 10 calls", e.g.
I dial "18003347661"
and it connects via 18003347661@proxy.ideasip.com
But doesn't show up on the ideasip.com account page for "dialed calls"