News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObI100 - Google Voice - T-Mobile prepaid plan cell phone

Started by innominato, January 23, 2012, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

innominato

I used my cell phone to sign up for Google Voice. Then I purchased an ObI 100 and followed the instruction to set up my Google Voice as provider No. 1.
I am having a problem receiving calls as those calls are forwarded directly to voice mail. It appears that calls go through only if forwarding to my cell phone is checked. My problem is that my cell phone use prepaid service and I pay for each call and consequently I would like to have my phone connected to the obi100 be the only one that rings. I read in some posts that it should work for me that way. Any ideas on why it does not and what I can try?
Thank you

lhm.

GV > Options> Voice Settings> Google Chat> Check Mark

jimates

1 - You must enable calling from within Gmail. The correct google voice number needs to be linked to the Gmail account. (The Google Talk option as a forwarding phone will not appear in your google voice account until you do this).
2 - Successfully place one outgoing call from within Gmail.
3 - Set Google Talk as a forwarding option in your google voice.

Then you set up your Obi using the log in credentials for the gmail/google voice account.

See the Obihai help guide http://www.obihai.com/googlevoiceFAQ.html