News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bad latency only when dialing into audio conference calls

Started by dwestall, February 14, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwestall

I have the OBi100 (1.3.0 Build: 2675) with Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2 (for 911 and alarm monitoring # only).

When I call someone direct, call quality is perfect. However, when I dial into my office audio conferencing line the latency (or lag or delay or whatever you want to call it) between the time I speak and when someone actually hears my voice is unbearable.

My internet connection is 6mb DSL and I regularly get between 4 and 5mb d/l speeds. I've tried 2 different routers (Linksys and TP-Link), same problem. I tried putting the OBi MAC address in QoS, but no improvement. I tried connecting the the OBi directly to my DSL modem, bypassing the router, no improvement. I've tried routing the call through Callcentric on SP2, no improvement. I've tried 4 different access numbers on 2 different bridge lines offered by the audio conference service, no improvement.

I have the same problem if I dial out directly from Gmail so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the OBi. I'm just hoping someone here can offer some suggestions. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
dw

RonR

Quote from: dwestall on February 14, 2012, 02:17:57 PM
I have the same problem if I dial out directly from Gmail so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the OBi.

This vindicates the OBi as it's not in the loop when you make a call directly from the Gmail web page.

It would appear that Google Voice has a bad path between them and the audio conference service.

Everton

The OP mention that the the issue also presents itself when the call is place through SP2, which is the Callcentric trunk.  Would that point to a issue with the Conference service itself?  The OP did not mention if the same results was obtain with other non-internet provider such as a mobile or land Line.

Quote from: RonR on February 14, 2012, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: dwestall on February 14, 2012, 02:17:57 PM
I have the same problem if I dial out directly from Gmail so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the OBi.

This vindicates the OBi as it's not in the loop when you make a call directly from the Gmail web page.

It would appear that Google Voice has a bad path between them and the audio conference service.

dwestall

I suspect it's a problem with voip and the audio conference service. There is a slight delay when I use my cell phone, but not nearly as bad as voip and I've never noticed any delay when dialing in from my old POTS line or from our PBX lines at the office.

I think I'll try to contact the conference call company to see if they have anything.

Thanks.

dwestall

It's interesting, I had a conference call tonight (starting at 11pm CST) and the call quality was good. Maybe it has something to do with call or network traffic?