News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Another distinctive ring question... (unique for each SPX)

Started by erkme73, January 27, 2012, 01:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erkme73

So I've read where you can change the default ring time (1-10) for SP1 and SP2, but it doesn't seem to make a difference when I make the change.

SP1 is my GV, SP2 is my wife's.  The idea would be when the call comes in on SP2, ring differently than on SP1.

But when I change the default ring type Voice services>SP1>X_defaultring, not matter what I pick, the ring is exactly the same.  I have a cordless phone attached that may be doctoring the ring signal, but I'm getting the same results when using a cheap $5 walmart phone.

I tried changing the SP1 and SP2, and am using the auto attendant (**0, 3, #0) to make the phone ring.

RonR

There's a default ring pattern associated with each trunk (SP1/SP2/OBiTALK/LINE Port).  Only incoming calls through a particular trunk are affected by its associated ring pattern.  Testing by having the Auto Attendant call you back is not using any of those trunks.

erkme73

Ah... so if in order to test what the rings sound like, I have to actually call in to the SP1 trunk?  I'd read in another thread to use the auto attendant to verify.   Or, maybe I need to change the ring style for the auto attendant ring temporarily to hear them.

Starting to make a little more sense.

NM... just tried, and the AA doesn't have a default ring association.  I will try by calling in from outside...

erkme73