News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No message notification sent to my phone (Google voice)

Started by abalgir, January 28, 2012, 08:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abalgir

Hi
I am new  with OBI110 that I bought today.

I checked the box Google Voice Voicemail Notification. I configured my phone Panasonic KX-TG7623 to alert me when stutter dial tone is received.

I have new voicemail sitting in Google Voice , and the phones display no indicators of the new message.

It seems I am not receiving any stutter dial tone from GV when I have message waiting.

Thank you for any help

RonR

Dialtone (including stutter dialtone) is generated by the OBi.

The OBi is currently not working reliably with Google Voice VMWI.  It's very erratic and unreliable at the moment.

abalgir

Ohh that is bad not to be able to use Google Message Voice notification with OBI110 :-(

DaveSwartz

The 1.3.0 (2675) FW release that came out yesterday listing VMWI as a fixed item.  After updating, my VMWI indicator started flashing and the dial tone was in stutter mode.  I cleared the backlog of messages and in about 10 seconds, the VMWI stopped flashing  (the fix was looking good at this point).  I then set up a call to make my line busy and called in from another line.  The call went to Google VM as it should and I left a message.  Unfortunately the VMWI light and dial tone stutter did not appear.  Looks like there is still a problem.

DaveSwartz

I just tried a second trial of the same test and, after about 1 minute, the VMWI is flashing.  I may have not waited long enough the first time.  I accessed the VM on Google Voice and within 10-15 seconds after I reviewed the message the VMWI light went out.  More testing will show if it is now reliable but this looks good.

nlof

There is a remaining bug (possibly on the GV side though) which is quite the opposite from your title :) 
If you have saved messages in your GV voicemail, the stutter / light remain on even though there are no NEW messages.

gbuffum

I was having the same problem - no stutter when message waiting.  I installed the latest firmware and tested last night (2/1) on my Obi 110 and  now receive a stutter tone when there is a message waiting in my inbox (took a minute or so for the stutter to start sounding).  I deleted the VM message using the phone and stutter went away after a minute or so.

DaveSwartz

I have a second Obi110 installation that is still having message wait indicator problems. When only one GV line (SP1 in my case) is set to use GV message wait indication, everything works as expected. If the second active GV account on SP2 also has the GV message wait indication feature inabled, the message wait indicator gets stuck in the on state after a voice mail has been left on the SP2 line.  For now, I have disabled the message wait indicator on the second line.

RonR

Do you have SP2 both using ITSP Profile A along with SP1 or is SP2 using ITSP Profile B?  If the latter, are you enabling MWI on both ITSP profiles?  It should work either way.  You might try the opposite approach to see if the behavior changes.

DaveSwartz

Currently, both SP1 and SP2 use the default profile. I'll try switching the profile for SP2 later today for a retest.

DaveSwartz

On the Obi110 system with GV accounts on both SP1 and SP2, SP1 was using profile A and SP2 was using profile B. I retested after changing SP2 to profile A.  To make the change stick, I had to disable ObiTalk configuration. What ever problem exists seems to now be hard embedded in the database. The MWI is stuck on and can not be cleared either through archiving all new messages or even manually clearing the flag using the web interface. Very perplexing. For now, all phones are stuck with a blinking MWI LED even after disabling the feature on both lines.

My other Obi110 system using a single GV account still has acceptable MWI operation. I have noticed that the message wait indicator led does not light until after the phone has been taken off hook for the first time after GV has successfully set the MW flag bit. I can leave a GV voicemail, wait 3 minutes and note that the MW LED is not lit.  Going off hook I will hear interrupted dial tone correctly showing MWI and upon going back on hook, the LED will start blinking.