News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sipura/Linksys style gateways

Started by plugger2, March 02, 2011, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: plugger2 on March 16, 2011, 05:34:01 AM
Quote from: MichiganTelephone on March 16, 2011, 02:18:39 AM
I must admit that this thread in particular leaves me scratching my head wondering exactly what is being discussed.  What I'd like to know, if anyone has the time and patience to explain it, is first of all a typical usage scenario for a Voice Gateway as it currently exists in the OBi devices — just something to help me understand why you might want to use one.

Probably discussion that really doesn't belong in this thread -- OBi's P2P gateway concept is sufficiently different enough to warrant it's own discussion. Perhaps you could start a separate thread in the appropriate subforum on this topic (since it's discussing an existing feature rather than a feature request).

Done - see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=371.0

And thank you for the additional explanation, I think I have a bit better understanding now. I guess I've just not come across too many SIP services that are outbound only, though I have certainly heard of such a thing (for example, I'm guessing you could use this to send toll-free calls directly to one of the free, no-registration-required toll-free gateways?).  I personally haven't had the need for that type of service, but I can see where others might (particularly those who make frequent calls to international destinations).

It's interesting to explore all the capabilities these devices have (and they just keep getting better!).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

mansoor

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 16, 2011, 08:26:02 AM
Authentication issue will be corrected as plugger2 pointed out.  Will advise further soon.  Thank you.

Will OBihai push this fix automatically to all users who have got this beta firmware?

OBi-Guru

When the firmware release is generally available, a yellow triangle icon will appear on the OBi dashboard, and the OBi user can click on it for an easy firmware update.

OBi-Guru

Voice Gateway 1~8 will now authenticate using its respective user/passwd credential.
@plugger2: please verify this.

plugger2

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 18, 2011, 08:17:54 AM
Voice Gateway 1~8 will now authenticate using its respective user/passwd credential.

From my testing just now, it looks like the SIP gateways are working properly for authentication. :-)

Can vg1 - vg8 be included in trunk groups when configured as SIP gateways?

obi-support2

Yes. vg1-vg2 can be added as members of Trunk Group 1-4.
OBIHAI Support Staff

plugger2

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 18, 2011, 10:43:38 AM
Yes. vg1-vg2 can be added as members of Trunk Group 1-4.

Very useful. :-) (I assume the above is a typo, and you meant vg1-vg8?)

plugger2

One other thing I would note as a side issue, is that after the firmware upgrade to 2081, I had to do a hardware reset, and restore my previously saved settings after that, in order to get things stable. (I'm not sure if this is expected or not, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was having issues.)

OBi-Guru

Should not have to do factory reset. 
It could be your original setting got overwritten by OBiTALK portal when your device was first added.

yhfung

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 18, 2011, 08:17:54 AM

Glad to know this has been included in the coming updated firmware since we may make long-distance calls from HK to mainland China using the 'gateway' method. :D

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

murzik

:-\
I just wanted to report, that I am having problem using Voxalot as a Gateway, all I can get is one way audio.

RonR

I experience the same problem.  Voxalot is a blend of Asterisk and OpenSER which seems to be less forgiving in the RTP area, although I'm using a STUN server and explicit port forwarding as I have been for years and I've never had an audio problem before this one.  Accessing Voxalot via Sip Broker (*010xxxxxx) on an OBi VG has no problems.  It's only with a VG directly to Voxalot that seems to get into trouble.

murzik

Unfortunately I am getting one way audio accessing Voxalot via Sipbroker.

plugger2

Quote from: murzik on March 22, 2011, 07:06:20 AM
Unfortunately I am getting one way audio accessing Voxalot via Sipbroker.

Have you tried putting the OBi into the DMZ for your router?

murzik

AllisterW

Is this feature still in beta or has it been rolled into the April 7th firmware?

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: AllisterW on April 14, 2011, 07:27:23 PMIs this feature still in beta or has it been rolled into the April 7th firmware?

It's in the current release (with some limitations, as outlined in the OBi Device Administration Guide).

For some examples:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

AllisterW

Quote from: RonR on April 14, 2011, 07:31:58 PM
Quote from: AllisterW on April 14, 2011, 07:27:23 PMIs this feature still in beta or has it been rolled into the April 7th firmware?

It's in the current release (with some limitations, as outlined in the OBi Device Administration Guide).

For some examples:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

Thanks.  Will read up on it.

GC_convertee

Hey Folks,
I just put a post up about integrating with a Linksys SPA-2102 SPA2102 2102 (keys), 2 separate physical lines and a fax here (wont dupl the info)

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0
GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF