News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Upgrade to 1.3 broke the service

Started by RudyG, February 02, 2012, 10:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RudyG

Hello.

I've been using the OBi110 with Google voice for months now, and yesterday I registered for the obihi.com website. The OBi Dashboard informed me that there's a firmware update available so I clicked the icon to update the Obi and now I get a no service message. When I go to the status page it shows "Service Not Configured". I tried going through Edit Service Provider 1 and entering my Google name and password and the message at the top of the screen tells me Successfully Updated. But the status remains "Service Not Configured".

Ahhhhhhhhh Help. This is my primary phone setup at the moment and basically I'm phoneless.

TIA
Rudy

RonR

If you've been configuring the OBi yourself and just added it yesterday, the act of adding the OBi to the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard wiped out everything in the OBi, even if you had Auto Provisioning disabled.

If you have a backup of your configuration, you can remove the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal and restore your backup.  Otherwise, you start all over again, either manually as you were doing or using the OBiTALK Web Portal.

RudyG

Found instructions from yet another awesome member of this forum  ;D in the following thread (See Reply#3):http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0

And that seems to have restored the service. Wow that's really scary that they do that. Maybe they should post a warning to people telling them that their already working and configured devices will be completely obliterated. ::) Just a thought.
OK 3 hours later and a little wiser.

Thank you RonR for the second time. :)
Rudy