News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Email notification of a firmware update

Started by kerbo, January 18, 2012, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbo

I discover today my home phone isn't working. I have a dial tone but can't make a call. I go to the OBI dashboard and sure enough, no green light and I see the warning symbol which says I need to update my firmware.

I do the update and my phone is working again.

Can't we get a notification of a firmware update? After all I don't check the dashboard every day. This would seem important since the lack of doing an update killed my phone.

jimates

the availability of a firmware update should not cause an problems with the Obi. A simple reboot probably would have corrected the problem.

kerbo

Yes, I guess it could have been a coincidence that one week after the update my OBI stopped working. If it was a coincidence, then I am bit concerned since the update easily explains the failure.

In any case, email notifications of the updates would be helpful. I would think is something that could easily be done by OBI.

Mr.Kaup

Mann

Is there a way that you can just push to firmware update to the device?  I think OOMA is doing that.

lhm.

YES. System Management> Auto Provisioning >Auto Firmware Update> Enable

Conniemadagain

Quote from: lhm. on January 23, 2012, 09:15:51 AM
YES. System Management> Auto Provisioning >Auto Firmware Update> Enable

I do not have "Enable" as a choice ...

RonR

Quote from: Conniemadagain on January 23, 2012, 07:57:26 PM
I do not have "Enable" as a choice ...

'System Start' and 'Periodically' are enabled.

Encino_Stan

Quote from: kerbo on January 18, 2012, 05:45:55 PM
Can't we get a notification of a firmware update? After all I don't check the dashboard every day. This would seem important since the lack of doing an update killed my phone.

I got an email notification of a firmware update. Go to this thread http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 and click the Notify button at the top.